COMEUP Winch Official Thread

Got a new Seal 9.5rs installed in my 2004 4Runner this week. The blue, yellow and white tagged fat wires wires are attached to the blue, yellow and white posts on the top of the motor. The small white wire is attached to the bottom stud. When the red power lead is connected to the battery the beeper in the contractor box starts beeping. I am assuming that this is a wiring problem not a winch problem. The wiring diagram in the manual is useless because the wires on the unit are identified differently that what is shown in the diagram.

Can you tell me what is going on?

Thanks.

Box Rocket

Got a new Seal 9.5rs installed in my 2004 4Runner this week. The blue, yellow and white tagged fat wires wires are attached to the blue, yellow and white posts on the top of the motor. The small white wire is attached to the bottom stud. When the red power lead is connected to the battery the beeper in the contractor box starts beeping. I am assuming that this is a wiring problem not a winch problem. The wiring diagram in the manual is useless because the wires on the unit are identified differently that what is shown in the diagram.

Can you tell me what is going on?

Thanks.

Nope you've got it right. The beeping is normal, mine did that too. It will beep for a minute and the stop on it's own. FYI, it will do that anytime you disconnect from the battery.

If I remember correctly, I think the beeping is telling you to sync up the wireless controller.

Put the power back to the winch on the winch and it beeped for a couple of minutes. The instruction manual said that the remote was synced at the factory. Obviously it was not. Followed the instruction manual on re syncing and and the beeping stopped and both the controllers work. Will get an install thread up in a week or so.

The install manual could definitely be better. There are a number of items that are missing or wrong.

SurferJacoby

日本車???最高
Purchased a Seal Gen 2 9.5 RSI after bouncing back and forth for a while there. Looking forward to the install ahead of an upcoming trip to Texas

COMEUP

Supporting Sponsor - COMEUP Winches
What do you do when a 9500lb, a 12,500lb or a 16,500lb winch just won't cut it? Never fear! COMEUP has still got you covered. Our Bison20 Hydraulic winch on this Fire Rescue Unimog with 9 TONS of straightline pulling power will do the trick. For reference, the size of the winch motor is nearly the size of the wheels on the cargo can next to the Mog. :) COMEUP continues to be the industry leader.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
What do you do when a 9500lb, a 12,500lb or a 16,500lb winch just won't cut it? Never fear! COMEUP has still got you covered. Our Bison20 Hydraulic winch on this Fire Rescue Unimog with 9 TONS of straightline pulling power will do the trick. For reference, the size of the winch motor is nearly the size of the wheels on the cargo can next to the Mog. :) COMEUP continues to be the industry leader.

It's a hydraulic winch with a motor? How does that work?

Box Rocket

If you're talking about the drum on the right hand side in that image, pretty sure that's the air clutch, not a motor.

toxicity_27

Adventurer
Had my ComeUp Seal Gen2 9.5rsi installed for less than 6 months and the paint/powder coat is already peeling off. Not happy about that.

Box Rocket

Had my ComeUp Seal Gen2 9.5rsi installed for less than 6 months and the paint/powder coat is already peeling off. Not happy about that.

Have you contacted ComeUp? I suggest doing that and see what they say. This is the first I've heard of peeling. Mine is over a year old and still looks new.

toxicity_27

Adventurer
Have you contacted ComeUp? I suggest doing that and see what they say. This is the first I've heard of peeling. Mine is over a year old and still looks new.

Haven't had a chance yet, but I'm going to try to reach out to them this week. I was surprised to see it peeling as well. It's corroded in a couple areas and peeling. Pretty disappointing.

toxicity_27

Adventurer
Haven't had a chance yet, but I'm going to try to reach out to them this week. I was surprised to see it peeling as well. It's corroded in a couple areas and peeling. Pretty disappointing.

Have been emailing back and forth with Rod from ComeUp. Needless to say they're going to replace the cover. I have to say, the customer service I experienced was top notch!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3