Creek's Xterra Build Thread

Creek

Adventurer
this is the only 2gen i have ever liked. very nice!
wow...thanks :ylsmoke:

Hey John, I guess 35s aren't as overrated when they are free, huh?? :D

How much trimming did you have to do to fit those tires?

Honestly, they're still overrated - until we get gears anyway. Less power, worse gas mileage, and only an inch more clearance...but they look cool ;) The Titan Suspension does far more for offroad performance than the bigger tires ever will.

As for trimming, it wasn't much. If you look on thenewx at XVTer's thread about 35's, I trimmed the same amount as him. I still get slight rub when fully stuffed and turned slightly. Nothing another pass with the cutoff wheel won't take care of.

Great looking truck. Finest X I've seen around and the moab video posted a few pages back is just sick!

How do you like the KM2s compared with the Firestones? Similar grip, road manners??

The KM2's are soooo much better on the road than the Desti's. No more drifting following the cracks in the road. They're great. And, they seem to be just as good offroad.

Cheers everyone! :smiley_drive:

Creek

Adventurer
pretty good underbelly shot from today :ylsmoke:

DSC04240.jpg

Creek

Adventurer
The winch works flawlessly everytime. I've used it a total of probably 30 times. Most recently pulling downed timber two days ago at my new property. Last on trail use was when we ran Spring Creek. I had to recover myself 3 times (twice by choice to see what the truck could...errr...couldn't do :)) and recover my buddy twice. Worked like a charm. I put in the wireless remote (finally) about 2 months ago and it's plain awesome.

Creek

Adventurer
cant believe it's been 1.5 years since i've been around these parts...figured i should probably update this a bit...

been quite busy over the last 6 months...

managed to pull off the first 2nd Gen X SAS with fully functional electronics (abs, traction control, speedometer, etc)...built in my driveway over this winter.

190324_1915029912483_1143993353_2334476_2276369_n.jpg

4Rescue

Expedition Leader
looks GOOD Creek. Cudo's for getting all those electronic nanny's to work with the SFA.

Cheers

Dave

vivithemage

Observer
Hey! Love the truck, picked up an 06 xterra off road recently, going to mod it similar to yours :)

I am curious, any trip reports? ie, out in there on your own (living off/out of the truck) for days?

Anything you'd live without? Or couldn't live without on the truck? Any new mods?

I was hoping to find someone who took an X down to Patagonia from the states :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven