Creek's Xterra Build Thread

Creek

Adventurer
the last pics I took are what's already posted. I haven't taken any other pics except for this one this morning...
10d51193.jpg

I'm heading to Cali tomorrow morning and wheelin all weekend. PLENTY of pics from that will be posted...it'll be the first testing of the new setup

Creek said:
the last pics I took are what's already posted. I haven't taken any other pics except for this one this morning...
10d51193.jpg

I'm heading to Cali tomorrow morning and wheelin all weekend. PLENTY of pics from that will be posted...it'll be the first testing of the new setup
Tires look much better. Maybe it was the angle or something?

Creek

Adventurer
newest mod

It's been a while...

So, when I got a second dog (Brownie), I needed to free up the rear cargo area. I used to have my Engel back there and there was enough room for 1 dog, but not 2. Also, I NEVER have my back seats in. They have a permanent home on the shelf in my garage. I've been contemplating how I could go about mounting the Engel in the back seat area and today, I got off my lazy MMMMM and just started messing around with some plywood and 2x4's. I made a pretty sweet little shelf for the Engel. And, I can still put in the smaller split section of the rear seat if I need to carry more than 1 passenger.

First, I removed the 2 forward back-seat attachment points on the drivers side (where the seat clips in). I also removed the seatbelt recievers for the driver and middle rear seats (1 bolt). I secured the shelf using new hardware in the existing bolt holes. I also added eye hooks to the forward facing section of the shelf for tie down points. For rear tie down points, I'll use the existing tie downs in the seat back portion (usually used for car seat attachment points). I still have to sand down the edges and give it a coat of bedliner (I have a few xtra cans sitting in the garage). But, for now, here's some pics.

IMG_3030.jpg

IMG_3031.jpg

Rear bolt
IMG_3032.jpg

Eye Hooks and 1 of the forward bolts - the other is under the Engel slide lock
IMG_3033.jpg

Finished product. Sprayed with some Duplicolor Bedliner.

IMG_3038.jpg

With the fridge in (not strapped down)
IMG_3034.jpg

And, yes - it's fully opens with about an inch to spare. I could not open it all the way with it in the cargo area - bonus!
IMG_3035.jpg

Cypher

Full Time Traveler
Flipping amazing stuff Creek! I really hope you make it down to AZ in Oct so I can see this beast in person!

Creek

Adventurer
added a snorkel yesterday

IMG_3673.jpg

IMG_3677.jpg

IMG_3678.jpg

The head is straight up butt ugly. I'm getting a Safari head for it soon.

I'll be doing the Titan suspension swap tomorrow hopefully.

Creek

Adventurer
I put the Volant in my gf's X and modded her stock intake before putting it in my truck. If/When 4x4parts comes out with a Volant adapter, I'll be going back to the Volant.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven