Creek's Xterra Build Thread

RedDog

Explorer
Very impressive project!

A neighbour has an X and it really strikes me as a more logical and comfortable alternative to my Jeep TJ. He's quite an outdoors guy - several bikes, kayaks, etc. - bicycled across Spain last year. Owns a Montesa trials motorcycle, a KYM motorad and a garage full of outdoor toys (no shortage of money).

It's interesting because he's looking the Jeep over closer and really paying attention to my new winch. I wonder if he sees a new outdoor recreation potential in his vehicle which perhaps never crossed his mind before.

Great work on your Nissan.

Creek

Adventurer
The Titan swap is complete :wings:
(I know, I know - I need an alignment - I'm going in an hour)

IMG_3679.jpg

IMG_3681.jpg

IMG_3682.jpg

IMG_3683.jpg

MisterTinkle

Adventurer
Looks great! Well done. Lots of changes this week on your rig. The Titan swap will really strengthen up the front end.

Last edited:

Cypher

Full Time Traveler
Congrats on the swap. You are going to be amazed at the amount of suspension travel you will have now. What's the spring rate on the coilovers?

Creek

Adventurer
600# coils on there. I love em. And yeah, I used 2" spacers from Fred at Wheeladapters - they're beefy.

Creek

Adventurer
My AT's are in storage - awaiting next winter. I can't keep the MT"s on in the winter with the snow around here.

Creek

Adventurer
so, last week, I put on a 2" BL and the new tires I won in the GONE raffle (awesome!!!) 315/75/16 KM2's. Then I drove across the country to ECXC. Just got back last night. Here's some pics from Rausch Creek with the new meats and BL.

P1010241.jpg

P1010458.jpg

P1010467.jpg

IMG_0301ECXC2009.jpg

IMG_0327ECXC2009.jpg

DSC_0048.jpg

DSC_0218.jpg

DSC_0239.jpg

DSC_0306.jpg

DSC_0320.jpg

AZ-Ted

Adventurer
Hey John, I guess 35s aren't as overrated when they are free, huh?? :D

How much trimming did you have to do to fit those tires?

Your truck looks so much different than when I saw it last October at the West Coast Meet (Snorkel, Titan Swap, 2" BL, and 35s).

NCtrail4R

Adventurer
Great looking truck. Finest X I've seen around and the moab video posted a few pages back is just sick!

How do you like the KM2s compared with the Firestones? Similar grip, road manners??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven