Croc Hunter '92 MJ

4xdog

Explorer
There's a thread on NAXJA discussing the used of a DeeZee Dodge Ram diamond-plate tailgate edge protector as an almost perfect XJ rocker panel replacement. Heavy, pre-curved to the right profile, needing only some trimming before mounting. Sounds like a possible option for your MJ.

Check this link. Not sure if images show for nonmembers of the forum -- send me a pm if .pdf needed.
http://www.naxja.org/forum/showthread.php?t=83169

I considered this for my 1988 once upon a time, and if I were gonna keep it I probably still would

Don

Last edited:

r50fj60

Observer
Love the croc hunter, his 70 series pup and his patrol pup he drove at one point.
Really wish I had gotten a comanche a few years ago instead of my nissan. Le sigh. Don't let us down!
Ute bed and white paint! Interior shots? Id say find some leathers from an xj

Gaucho919

Adventurer
The Ute bed would be awesome, I had plans to get one primarily bc I was scheduled to deploy in January(would've made plenty of cash to buy more parts) unfortunately i'm not getting deployed anymore, and I'll be out of the Marine Corps in May so i can't really afford one. Once I get situated back in the civilian world I'll look into getting one. I'm still keeping my eye out on Craigslist and around the area for a flatbed. I'll post some more shots and some of the other mods I've done here soon

Gaucho919

Adventurer
Well I used the Comanche on a recent trip to Ocala national forest, The Keys, The Everglades and Big Cypress, here is a few photos from the trip
DSC_0020.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

DSC_0054.jpg

DSC_0061.jpg

DSC_0076.jpg

DSC_0090.jpg

DSC_0097.jpg

DSC_0056.jpg

DSC_0055.jpg

DSC_0130.jpg

Gaucho919

Adventurer
Hello gents, sorry for taking so long to update, I've been busy at work getting ready to get out of the Corps.
I've done a lot of stuff to the comanche, I replaced the bed with a rust free one I found locally, rattle canned it Sand rustoleum, and built a MJ bed trailer out of my old rusty bed and found a used ranger softopper for it locally too. Here's some pics, let me know what you think
DSC_0102.jpg
DSC_0103.jpg
DSC_0100.jpg
DSC_0101.jpg

kfgk14

Adventurer
So you were planning on putting the Dana 30 up front and installing a T-case to make it 4wd right? Did that ever happen?

Gaucho919

Adventurer
Here's a few more pics, I forgot to take more pics while I was painting it. Painting myself really sucked because I sanded for hours and hours trying to get it all nice and smooth, I think it paid off in the end bc it cost less than $100. Here you can see the 4WD Honda decals(I know some will disapprove but I really like the way they look), I just placed an order at jeepstickers.com for the tailgate reflective black decals.

DSC_0098.jpg
DSC_0099.jpg
DSC_0117.jpg
DSC_0118.jpg

This is an 02+ explorer IRS cast aluminum diff cover that I've been working on to install on another 8.8 I'm building
to put in the comanche with 4.10's and freshly rebuilt LSD

DSC_0120.jpg

It's a bit of crunch time at the moment because I'm moving to Montana in 3 weeks to study wildlife biology:elkgrin: and I'll be towing a 6x12 enclosed trailer, gotta hurry up, prioritize and compromise.
Once I get settled in financially after getting out of the Corps I'll definitely be getting the Ute bed for it, it's way out of my price range considering my situation right now. Hoping to make Steve proud a little at a time.
Cheers

Gaucho:

First and most importantly: Thank you for your service to our nation. I'm a vet myself (11B, 88-94) but don't kid myself that I've seen anything like what you have. Thank you and your, from me and mine.

Damn fine lookin' build. What kind of paint did you use?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk