Croc Hunter '92 MJ

Gaucho919

Adventurer
Thanks Blazer its been a long but fun five years, gained several new brothers and we are all ready to be civilian again. I used Rustoleum Sand, I painted my brother's S10 for him last year and I really liked the color. here's a pic
DSC_0001.jpg

kc0tma, yeah thats where I'll be going. pretty excited to move west

James, Thanks! I had to replace the wheels because the plain steelies were only 6" wide and they were making my BFG's bulge in the center circumference of the tread, even down to 15 psi and they were wearing terrible. I got these 15x8's for the time being because I couldn't find any 8" wide plain steelies I liked, and couldn't afford to ruin my new tires.

ACWeller the crown vic wheels are 15x6's. they worked fine on the 31x10.50 street tires I originally had on them but not so great on my 33x10.50 BFG's

88Xj

Banned
So your grey steelies were just crown vic steelies? Which year?

I also really like that look, and since I'm doing a semi-sleeper XJ they would fit better than my black D-window wheels would. Any idea weight wise what those old steelies weighed?

Gaucho919

Adventurer
FL to Montana

Well I've completed the trip from Florida to Northwestern Montana in the ol' Comanche. The truck made it without a glitch, at near max tow capacity and payload. towing a loaded 6x12 enclosed trailer, going uphill was trublesome sometimes down to 3rd gear and the pedal to the metal. The disk brake 8.8 helped a ton going down hill. Averaged 13.5 mpg going 60-65 over 3200 miles going through Yellowstone. I've had a set of different tires/wheels on for a few weeks, Dodge Charger 17" steelies and stock rubicon BFG's. I found the tires used with ~15k miles on them and they are really quiet on the road. Here are some pics of the trip. Looking for a job too if anyone has an opening.

Parents driveway in Fl
DSC_0567.jpg

Bear 11 wk old Aussie shepherd/lab mix
DSC_0572.jpg

DSC_0576.jpg

DSC_0583.jpg

DSC_0585.jpg

DSC_0587.jpg

DSC_0607.jpg

DSC_0627.jpg

DSC_0629.jpg

deadbeat son

Explorer
The MJ looks great! Something about those Charger wheels with the JKR tires just looks "right". I've liked them on all three jeeps I've seen them on. Have you considered painting them the same Rustoleum Sand as the truck?

Gaucho919

Adventurer
Thanks! No I hadn't thought about painting them sand, I thought about smoke gray like the crown vic wheels I had but the Charger wheels I found where practically brand new so I don't wanna mess up the nice black paint yet.

Like this
DSC_0233.jpg

Back when the tuck was Red
DSC_0142.jpg

deadbeat son

Explorer
^
I really liked the gray with the red, but something about the tan with tan just resonates with me. It probably has something to do with vintage Rovers...

EricM

Standard American Mutt
Work in Montana? Check out the oil "fracking" industry. Or, the towns near the oil sites always need people there too.

Very cool rig. That's going to be a great dog, too- I have an Australian Shepherd and she's the best dog I've ever known. My lab is a good boy as well- can't go wrong with the mix of both.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk

Members online