David Bradley Build

Chris Cordes

Expedition Leader
Well the trailers getting custom fenders and a lift here she was today (pre lift) the second pic is the tire I will be upgrading to match the truck with soon
1132a048.jpg

500529fa.jpg

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
Love the trailer fenders you made. Perfect table for a grill or stove.
They look cool flush with the lip.

Keep us posted.

Chris Cordes

Expedition Leader
It started as an old David Bradley trailer from sears. I can't remember the exact time period they were made

Chris Cordes

Expedition Leader
Thanks! I installed led tail lights from adventure trailers last night so I'll get pictures of those when I come back monday

Chris Cordes

Expedition Leader
This thread is due for an update. Progress paused during finals and has now resumed in TX for the summer. While in AZ I fixed the paint and that was about it before I left for home. This is what she looked like before coming to TX
ebbc6c47.jpg

Upon arriving here I had one main issue I wanted to address. I wanted to get rid of the original tongue and hitch. It had served its purpose but was not nearly what I wanted in strength or maneuverability. I ended up having one made and heavily reinforced with a pintle hitch instead of a traditional one. So far I couldnt be happier with the hitch and the entire set up is rock solid.
74960527.jpg

After picking up the trailer I realized that the wiring could be done a lot more efficiently and run through the center of the tongue now. I also wanted to water proof everything a lot better. At this point I tore all the wiring out and started fresh rewiring the lights and adding the marker lights on the side of the trailer for improved night visibility.

Recently I aquired two kayaks for my upcoming trip to Padre Island National Seashore followed by a trip to NY and Canada. Since I was already hauling two bikes and and childs bike trailer in the truck bed and bags on the roof I figured the trailer would be the best spot to store the Kayaks. I built some mounts for the front and rears of the boats and lined the tops with a soft rubber to cushion them against bumps and vibrations. I measured the shape of the hulls and cut approximate matching mounts that would slide into the pre-existing square holes all around the Bradley trailer. Heres how she stands today

9434180e.jpg

dc84d62e.jpg

443b00c1.jpg

c6977f43.jpg

30dce06f.jpg

alaskantinbender

Adventurer
Very nice transformation. Great job as well. I remember those david bradley trailers. My grandparents had one that turned into a nice tent camper.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
buckshotiii