Death Valley Days: April 17-21

HMR

Rendezvous Conspiracy
MuddyMudSkipper- Thanks for putting together a fun trip!
You--> :rockon:

The Mud Mobile in action:
282991298_misxU-M.jpg

282991210_fdRZS-M.jpg

Dave G

The trip turned out really cool. Was great meeting everyone who made it along. I have some pictures that I want to post but I also want to know if everyone is ok with me posting pictures. I will block out any licence plates. For now I will just post random stuff of scenery and Phils rig.

Dave G

Here are some pics for ya

Edit: I did resize these a little but it seems the images are still large. Sorry if thats a pita for anyone. Maybe HMR can fix it for me... (sarcasm from the trip, from when we were around the fire at furnace creek) BTW the pic titled Arrival shows TACODOC and FourByLand way WAY out in the distance. We were joking that the lights out there might be them but it would be crazy for anyone to be driving out there at night. Come 1030pm they pulled up to the cabin. So then we knew who was driving at night thru DV.

Last edited:
Hey everyone. Jenn and I are still on the road. We are taking a few days longer to get back to Oregon. I will post some pics as soon as we get back.

FourByLand

Expedition Leader
Awesome it was really good to meet you guys and I just wanted to wish you safe travels, it was a pleasure sharing a campfire with your crew!

Jenn and I are back in Eugene/Springfield and I don't think we have ever been so depressed to be somewhere.

We took two extra days to get back thanks to her Uncle who put us up in a hotel in Santa Barbara and San Francisco. We were very surprised by San Francisco. Neither one of us are big city people, but there was enough uniqueness and history to SF to make it enjoyable and we had a lot of fun exploring the old WWII fort on the other side of the Golden Gate Bridge.

I think we both wish we had enough money to pack up and move tomorrow back to South Eastern CT or spend the last few months on the west coast somewhere just outside the San Francisco area. Too bad our rents not up until August and we would not have jobs waiting for us.

Anyways, I have started going through all the photographs and as soon as I get a few done I will post them.

Here we go everyone. I have over 600 photographs from the trip so I selected a few to post up here. I will continue to go through them over the next week. I have shots of everyone.

I am a little disappointed by my shots. I think this trip has awaken me to the fact that I need to start focusing everything back on my work. I have been slacking the past two years. Its time to refocus everything and get back on track.

If you want more of your pictures let me know and I will send you some pics that are cleaned up and of better quality.

I will put this in several posts.

IMG_7227.gif

Our arrival into Death Valley
IMG_7237.gif

Day 1- Panamint Springs Resort with HMR, Streakerfreak, and Overland Hadley

IMG_7266.gif

Day 2
IMG_7274.gif

IMG_7300.gif

IMG_7315.gif

I would never have thought my truck would be Hijacked in Death Valley
IMG_7366.gif

IMG_7365.gif

IMG_7369.gif

IMG_7383.gif

Last edited:

IMG_7488-1.gif

IMG_7566.gif

Day 4

IMG_7583.gif

IMG_7591.gif

IMG_7596-1.gif

Here is a little of what we saw after DV.
IMG_7640.gif

The mission in Santa Barbara.

IMG_7642.gif

Santa Barbara

IMG_7660.gif

The Winchester House-Jenn and I love this kind of weird History.

IMG_7661.gif

The abandoned WWII bunkers on the other side of the Golden Gate
IMG_7694.gif

Last edited:
The trip was great everyone. Jenn and I had a great time. I little update on after we left the group Sunday after Titus.

As we made our way back to Panamint Springs for dinner before our trip to Daves outside LA we came across Overland Hadley at the Dunes. He was scoping out places to photograph.

When we arrived at Panamint Springs we met the three guys from the Cabins. They were eating before heading home themselves. We talked for a while.

They told us that they had met our "friends" from the second day on the trip (the blue FJ group):violent-smiley-031: . From what they said they came through about a half hour after we left and had a flat just outside the cabin:hehe: .

The guys told us they were hammered when they showed up and looked like they were drinking a long time before that.

I don't know why they got to me like that, but they just did. Even with them around us we still had fun.

Last edited:

MuddyMudskipper

Camp Ninja
I had a great time on this trip! I really enjoyed meeting new people from the ExPo community and spending time out the trails with those I already now. A big thanks to Phil, Dave, and Jen for the special bottles of wine (that I won't drink). :ylsmoke: I didn't really take any pictures so I am glad that some of you guys did.

Other than my occasional disorientation, the incident with the Willys, and the encounters with the same group of knuckle-dragging drunks the trip couldn't have been any better.

Streakerfreak said:
I don't don't know why they got to me like that, but they just did. Even with them around us we still had fun.

Don't worry Phil, the Red Cup Brigade managed to rub everyone in our group the wrong way.

I am almost done with all the photographs. I am going to make a photobucket album so everyone can go to to check them out and get photos. Remember these are just my snapshots and not my good 35mm and 4x5 stuff.

Also, does anyone have a photograph of the wine bottles? Someone PMed me asking what they looked like.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal