Dilemma of which to KEEP.... Wrangler or Grand Cherokee

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
Yep. unbuilding is the best option. Ditch the heavy bumpers, flattys and keep the lift. Put 33's on and call er a day....you will be so much happier.

DallasJKU

Adventurer
Should really should try and unbuild your Rubi to see if you find it more pleasant to drive.... i am certain that you will... And with the hardtop, no one forces you to take the panels off... Then you have almost all you need.. But them again... If you are anything like me, once your mind is almost made up, there's no turning back.. Good luck finalizing tgat brain storming. (b)

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

Unbuilding wouldn't work for me. Can't go from 37's to 33's. Just not my thing. I found a heavily discounted '15 Overland with panoramic sunroof and a Hemi for about what I'm paying for my Rubicon. I hate the shifter on the '15's, but its worth the Hemi for same price as a '15 with new shifter and V6. So tempting.

8d0f7f216934db2cdfcf838b54298504.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

kojackJKU

nice. congrats. great ride, I'm sure you will be very happy while melting tires at an alarming rate!

kojackJKU

I had a SRT GC for a day and night, I LOVED it. IT was like taking an elastic band, stretching it to almost the breaking point, then letting it go. They are rocket ships!

I am thinking your new GC will be close. You have air suspension on that one?

unkamonkey

Explorer
Wooses, the first OTR semi I ever drove was a '53 Mack running across railroad tracks and running bobtail. My head and the roof became very close friends. It felt like my MB rode like a dream after it.

DallasJKU

Adventurer
I had a SRT GC for a day and night, I LOVED it. IT was like taking an elastic band, stretching it to almost the breaking point, then letting it go. They are rocket ships!

I am thinking your new GC will be close. You have air suspension on that one?

Yes it has air suspension. It's way nicer than I deserve but I needed the break from the Wrangler.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kojackJKU

I predict you will be sitting in your driveway listening to music for about and hr just going up......and down.....

DallasJKU

Adventurer
I will definitely miss the Rubicon, but this is literally the nicest vehicle I have ever driven. I don't think I could drive just a regular GC. The High Altitude package really changes the look and the Hemi changes the drive. Once I take a long trip, I'm sure I will appreciate the vehicle even more. So quiet. So smooth.

Happykamper

Explorer
Keep the JKU , figure out how to get out of the office permanently . Do enough mods to said JKU to get where you want when you want. Here's the most important part , start living and seeing the world.

you gotta do what you gotta do!

for me I laws wanted a wrangler ever since this ( pic below) and i saw one with 35's. I had a gc and it was very nice semi power wife got a ticket in a week driving it be careful because horse power corrupts! But I gotta say when i look at the picture of the gc you posted I kinda cringe ROCKs whoops, holes, climbs, thinking wow that is low! but hey good luck

DallasJKU

Adventurer
for me I laws wanted a wrangler ever since this ( pic below) and i saw one with 35's. I had a gc and it was very nice semi power wife got a ticket in a week driving it be careful because horse power corrupts! But I gotta say when i look at the picture of the gc you posted I kinda cringe ROCKs whoops, holes, climbs, thinking wow that is low! but hey good luck

I don't off road enough to worry about it. I just wanted a nice long distance vehicle. I'm over the modifying bug. I have wasted more money than I can think of. It will be nice to drive a vehicle that looks great, performs great and can do some light duty trails. 99% on road for me. I will miss the fun of the Wrangler, but not the constant urge to buy something or change something.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shazpete