Discovery 3 (LR3) and Discovery 4 (LR4) Registry

rokrawlr

Observer
I figured there was probably a difference, similar to U.S. and Imperial gallons. Or the green nozzle for gas in Europe and diesel here.

mukk

(will be) mildly built LR4

Hello Guys,
Let me show you my 2010 LR4 Diesel HSE. It has 125,000 Kms (82,000 miles) and it was scratch free when I bought it 4 months ago. My plan is to use it as a daily driver and use it for weekend tours and for a three week Scandinavian tour during holidays. I had it for one week when I scratched it during the first off road tour. That was the time when I decided to foil it fully to protect the paint. This way I can remove the foil before selling and it will be still scratch free under it.
It has a raised air intake, an ARB fridge and compressor, I am thinking about a roof rack and a drawer system. Maybe some under protection as well. I will not have larger tyres as I read in the threads not to fit bigger tyres if I want reliability and mainly use it on road and light off road.
Some before / after pictures:
Before:
attachment.php

attachment.php

During:
attachment.php

attachment.php

After:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Air intake:
attachment.php

attachment.php

Thanks for the recommendations!

axels

Adventurer
Hey Mukk
Love the wrap (foil) on your Disco4. Did you do it yourself?
It seems like you already have 18" rims so you won't need to make any modifications if you want a slightly larger tire.
Mine is so scratched it's pretty sad but I was quoted close to $5,000... Pretty insane.
Axel

Last edited:

mukk

Hello Axel,
Thanks! I did not do the foiling, but it can be done (if you have good hands and some experience).
These are 19'' inch rims unfortunately, I think the previous owner used these LR3 19'' inch rims for the winter tyres. The spare tyre rim is the standard LR4 19.
The whole foiling was about $2,000 with this matte gun metal grey foil. On the front grills, side panels and the "Discovery" letters they used a black "spray-on" foil.
Mukk

zelatore

Explorer
I realized I've never posted any pics of my truck:
'07 HSE/Lux/HD - currently 110K miles
Tactical Rovers sliders, gas tank skid, and transfer case skid
32" Duratracs
Johnson Rods
ARB front bumper w/Smittybilt 9K winch
Custom rear bumper w/dual swing-outs
more to come....

Colin Hughes

Explorer
Hey Mukk, that's the first wrap I've seen that actually looks good. My concern here in Canada would be salt getting under it in the winter months and making a mess as well as a moisture laden spot for rust to start.

mukk

Hey Mukk, that's the first wrap I've seen that actually looks good. My concern here in Canada would be salt getting under it in the winter months and making a mess as well as a moisture laden spot for rust to start.

Hello Colin, I am absolutely sure that salt and moisture cannot get between the paint and the foil. Otherwise the foil would not stay on the car for 5-6 years.

Mako1114

Adventurer
I realized I've never posted any pics of my truck:
'07 HSE/Lux/HD - currently 110K miles
Tactical Rovers sliders, gas tank skid, and transfer case skid
32" Duratracs
Johnson Rods
ARB front bumper w/Smittybilt 9K winch
Custom rear bumper w/dual swing-outs
more to come....

Tastefully built!!

Cheers

zelatore

Explorer
Mako/AGM/Duke - thanks!

Still waiting on my rack from Urban Offroad in SoCal. Going with a very low-profile part. I'd probably leave a rack off all together except I want a place to throw the OzTent (that thing is freakin' huge) and occasionally the canoe, and more importantly the wife wants one for 'the look'.

A.J.M

Explorer
I had that problem, only i'm not married.. and it was me saying to get a rack.. :)
Then i HAD to get a rear ladder to get to the rack. Because how else could i get to it.

Such is life.

zelatore

Explorer
I've sort of screwed myself on the ladder - The jerry can sits quite tight to the license plate bracket where most ladders seem to mount. Not enough room to get one in there. I can live with it; I can always just scramble up the bumper/tire to get to the rack until I figure out a solution or find a different ladder.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater