Dissent offroad 100 series build!

Benc

Explorer
Getting pretty excited to finish this up!
Working on the fold down camp table now. this thing is going to be the Swiss Army knife of swingout bumpers :)
I got the new heavy duty lift off hinges that will work out well, the entire 3rd swingout can be lifted off the ladder in a matter of seconds and hung up in the garage with all your gear attached for dd dutys, or you can remove the entire swingout in a matter of minutes if desired. The plan now is to have a lid on the entire pan, this will give a 18x6x38 lockable storage compartment that can be used for just about anything, the lid for this will have attachment points for the max tracks and double as a 18x36" camp table that can be opened in seconds. The compartment can fit many different accessories, a 4 gal or 2
3gal rotopax cans will fit.
If no gas cans are inside it gives a great spot for recovery gear and to hang you muddy tow straps after use. I'm thinking some sort of watter tank In the top portion so you could have gravity fed water right over your camp table as well. Rotopax makes water cans as well so you could fit 3 gallons of fuel on bottom and water on top.
I have mentioned it before but I still plan to build a shower box that will mount to the ladder with the same lift off hinges, this will be a similar aluminum box that will house a water heater, pump, and propane, along with shelves for toiletries, maybe even have a small platform to set on the ground and some kind of curtain.
For Anyone that has done an extended trip with the family will see the value in this!
The other great thing about these accessories is if you tow a camp trailer like I do all these accessories could very easily be mounted to the back or side of the trailer as well and be moved back and forth in seconds and being aluminum they will not be to heavy.
These accessories will not be cheap but once you see all the uses the value will be evident!
Pics to come.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Benc

Explorer
I hope so! I'm planning on doing some formed plate style slider steps, possibly an aluminum option as well.

xlcaferacer

Adventurer
Just stumbled across this thread. You do very nice work! You have some solid skills! Beautiful fab work. I seem to think you had a Taco at 100s in the Hills last year?

Benc

Explorer
Just stumbled across this thread. You do very nice work! You have some solid skills! Beautiful fab work. I seem to think you had a Taco at 100s in the Hills last year?

Thanks!
Yes I had the 2016 Tacoma at HIH last year.

Benc

Explorer
Got the finalized ladder on and am happy with the end result! Still some work to do on the 3rd swing out and fold down table but here are some pics of what I'm going for.
1f62ba0fde30c44208ffb8320c8e1724.jpg
2af6953fff645331b6d222d1eabc16e2.jpg
6150f6fb8c4e0523b20cfca184dcf205.jpg
4c3f82548ca5db1e77b152362b2e8956.jpg

Benc

Explorer
A little more progress today,
Still trying to sort out a few things on the 3rd swingout and table but it's getting there.
8b655a7016407d48942b9e83e520da84.jpg
22706b533c9a0aeb10c0574a8c75d2f9.jpg
600354adbeacb92f05764a307fc7c4d8.jpg

60Dan

Explorer
Could this be adapted for the left swing out?
Would like to replace the ladder on the left side of my Slee with this

Benc

Explorer
Could this be adapted for the left swing out?
Would like to replace the ladder on the left side of my Slee with this

Yes, all pressed in hardware is on both sides so the 3rd swing out can swing either way. The ladder bolts onto the swing arm so you would have to cut the slee ladder off and I could supply the ladder brackets to be welded on the arm.

Benc

Explorer
What happens when the ground isn't level for those table legs?

The legs are just mocked up however there will be about 5-6" of ajustment by simply changing the angle of the legs.
I may do a telescoping leg but still need to play around a bit with those.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk