Diving in Head First!

Czechsix

Watching you from a ridge
With only about an inch before I hit the stop, I hit them quite a bit during any drive. Still pretty jarring, but tolerable for now. I think with weight though, these might well settle down even closer....giving an even more jarring ride. Air seats will help, but I'm still thinking there's simply got to be more upward travel added.

sigh

20150108_130509_resized.jpg

SkiFreak

Crazy Person
The Timbren style bump stops are progressive, unlike the OEM rubber bricks which are really solid.
With the progressive bump stops you will still get a relatively hard hit at the end of the suspension travel, but these are still way better than the hammering you get with the OEM bump stops.

The way I figure it... these trucks were primarily designed to carry a load. It would seem that little consideration was ever given to carrying the people.
Getting a softer ride, with good articulation, is definitely a challenge, that's for sure.

Czechsix

You're right about the design parameters, basically the same thing for tactical vehicles. They're designed to do the mission, and personnel comfort (at least in the older vehicles), were a distant contender in the features list.....

I'll be going on a bit of an off road run this weekend, planning on running a GoPro for a bit, focused on the driver side suspension. It'll be interesting to see how that actually acts.

yabanja

Explorer
I sure would like to get a bunch of us together sometime to do a ride/drive comparison between the different setups!

Czechsix

Well, 'mogs do it, Haflingers do it, Rokon owners have a meet, Syncro meets.....so why not us too?

So where we going for the first annual Randebuu For FG's (RFFG)?

I say we all show up at Mog's place, unannounced.:elkgrin:

blackduck

Explorer
I sure would like to get a bunch of us together sometime to do a ride/drive comparison between the different setups!

I can save you the sleepless nights
Owens 5 link coils courtesy of ATW wins
Ive driven alot of vehicles of all different sizes and shapes
and as far as the off the shelf options for the canter goes you just cant go past coils
gives it that soft metrosexual feel
the sort of ride that makes you want to use hand lotion and man product.
Might aswell paint your truck beige :)

Me (and the real men out there) like to feel the road transfer all the way up my spine while I bite the heads off puppies
GRRRRR

Aussie Iron

Explorer
Well, 'mogs do it, Haflingers do it, Rokon owners have a meet, Syncro meets.....so why not us too?

So where we going for the first annual Randebuu For FG's (RFFG)?

I say we all show up at Mog's place, unannounced.:elkgrin:

I'll volunteer My place I'm sure I can find a couple of steers to throw on the barby and while your here (you need to bring your own FG) we may as well do a tour of this great land.

Dan.

yabanja

Explorer
Swim

I'll volunteer My place I'm sure I can find a couple of steers to throw on the barby and while your here (you need to bring your own FG) we may as well do a tour of this great land.

Dan.

Sounds great! Give me a months notice and I will start swimming!

Allan

yabanja

Explorer
Progress!!

Finally completed the new front upper shock mounts and got the Bilstein 9100 shocks mounted up. Thus far the driving impression is a vast improvement. I am very pleased.

Having problems with photo upload.... perhaps not Mac friendly?

Allan

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh00333