Do it all trailer build.

sethmark

Observer
Thanks. Manley builds a super nice trailer, but gracious those fenders are expensive. Particularly for blems.

What I'm looking for is a 31-31" long fender that's 10+ wide and 12" plus tall. That would be perfect. I'm about to make them.

Silver dude

Xplorer
Square fenders are useful to set stuff on. Just a thought. Looks like a great build! Top notch fabrication skills!

sethmark

Observer
I'll probably wind up making the fenders. I hate paying for stuff that I can make.

Today I improved the packaging of my jack and bolted a wheel to it. Seems simple enough, but finding a weld on jack with a wheel proved to be impossible.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372959023.699441.jpg

Next was another simple thing... Just spend $$$.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1372959120.787054.jpg

Waiting on treadplate steel for the floor and the side panels to be cut. Then I'm getting close to finished with the first stage.

sethmark

Observer
Baby steps.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373155513.717595.jpg

Is there any reason in the world to mount the jack the other way with it close to the coupler? I like the packaging better this way, but need a reason to change it.

Last edited:

Silver dude

Xplorer
If the jack were to fall while driving it would pogo into the ground rather then drag behind. But, I agree looks better that way. As a bonus you have more tongue to grasp and move the trailer with by hand.

sethmark

Observer
Yeah I had thought of that. Problem is, I can't see any Way for that to actually happen. It's got a big steel pin through it.

Something seriously bad would have to happen.

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
Replace the locking pin " ball plunger type " with one that has a locking spring clamp.
You will be good to go. It works so why change it.

sethmark

Observer
Corner gussets.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373225823.565940.jpg

Sheet metal tomorrow. Home stretch now. Sheet metal, fenders and steps, paint, and electrical.

sethmark

Observer
First mockup with fenders and gussets....

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373312257.322768.jpg

Gotta cut all the 'tail' below the gusset.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DQblues