Do it all trailer build.

sethmark

Observer
I'm setup spring under the axle with a 3500# axle assembly. Axle width is 70" using a 6 on 5.5" bolt pattern. Springs are rated to 1750 each and I'm using a typical spring hanger kit. All from Rockwell American http://rockwellamerican.com/products. I'm running a 33" tall tire and the trailer is dead level with the hummer. Tongue height is around 19".

sethmark

Observer
A few details before I'm done with the first phase. (Code for out of time and money)

Safety chains
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374178481.685382.jpg

Inside sheet metal for the tailgate and tail lights.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374178524.706681.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374178538.315299.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374178548.278354.jpg

sethmark

Observer
Frame will be black. Considering clear powder coat on the panels. Still not loving the fenders. Might have to change them to a fabricated jeep style.

hesterj

Adventurer
I agree with you on the fender swap.
The trailer looks completely fine with the fenders you have now. They just do not conform with the overall flow when hooked up behind the hummer. The jeep style fenders (even better yet..the M416 style) would really settle the eye when looking at the whole setup.
It would be a little more work at this point. Get some use out of it first and see if it will grow on you. :p

Q: Are you going to spot weld in the panels then seam seal it all up from the inside? Or will it be screwed in place at the holes drilled in the lip of the panel?

sethmark

Observer
I really like Josh's fenders. But they cost as much as all the steel for the trailer. Literally.

As for the panels, they're bolted in like Sheetmetal for a car. The reason I did the lip, was so that they could be modular. One gets damaged to be thrown away and replaced.

sethmark

Observer
I'd really like some thoughts from the peanut gallery on this design... It will be fully enclosed in smooth sheet-metal.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374605729.749068.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1374605737.831743.jpg

Xrunner

Explorer
Those look nice... I prefer angled fender with a flat top as you can set stuff on them and there always seems to be a shortage of flat level(ish) places around camp.

I would double check that you won't get any rub from the tires when the trailer's fully loaded and goes over a bump, and also consider making the top a little more narrow. Maybe not this narrow, but somewhere along these lines:

fender2_zpsca821d7e.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DQblues