Do you want a diesel Jeep? Goto http://JeepDieselPetition.com and sign the petition!

x32792

Adventurer
Signed! Thanks for putting this together. A diesel jeep rubicon is the only vehicle I would buy new, period! I just need to decide between 2 and 4 doors.

The increased torque of a diesel Wrangler would require a heavier transmission, transfer case and axles on all models. This increased torque means even the most basic entry level diesel Wrangler would be more heavily built than any stock Ruby we have ever seen.

All you'd need is a little armor and set of lockers to have yourself a very capable machine....2 or 4 door is the only question left for me.

:)

406to417

Explorer
I believe that the overseas JKs with diesels are all Saharas. Which dont even have the same amount of beef that a Rubicon does so I don't you would see drastic changes to the drivetrain.

ActionCamper

Supporting Sponsor
I believe that the overseas JKs with diesels are all Saharas. Which dont even have the same amount of beef that a Rubicon does so I don't you would see drastic changes to the drivetrain.

This is definitely a Rubicon Diesel Automatic
v057.jpg

See the engine...

ActionCamper

Supporting Sponsor
The increased torque of a diesel Wrangler would require a heavier transmission, transfer case and axles on all models. This increased torque means even the most basic entry level diesel Wrangler would be more heavily built than any stock Ruby we have ever seen.

All you'd need is a little armor and set of lockers to have yourself a very capable machine....2 or 4 door is the only question left for me.

:)

In Austria you can buy every model with diesel, they just adjust the torque curve depending on the drivetrain. Tomorrow I get a used six gear Sport Plus Unlimited to build the long version of the Jeep® ActionCamper©. Then I'll be able to tell the difference in torque.

x32792

Adventurer
Nothing for the 2012 model year. Fingers crossed for soon.

-Dan

Was at my local Jeep Dealer this week. Asked about a diesel Wrangler anything and they all just smiled and laughed. They did, however, offer to pre-order a 2012 with PentaStar 3.6L gas motor which they assured me would arrive in 'about' six weeks.

Sigh.

Dan Grec

Expedition Leader
Was at my local Jeep Dealer this week. Asked about a diesel Wrangler anything and they all just smiled and laughed. Sigh.

Yeah, it seems to be like that.
If we keep working at it, maybe one day they will realize there is a market for the diesel wrangler....

-Dan

orangeTJ

Explorer
Highly doubtful a vehicle platform that is now in it's 6th year of production, and second engine, will ever see a diesel. Heck, the JK in its current form will probably only be around 3-4 more production years considering previous "wranglers" have had production runs of about 10 years. (YJ: 88 i think, through 95, TJ: 97-06)

ActionCamper

Supporting Sponsor
you can tell that things a diesel just by looking at all the dust around the fuel cap.

You should see how the Libyen gas men fill your diesel tank. To clean the filler nozzle they shoot sometimes a few liters in the surrounding sand to clean it a little bit. Never again I'll let these people fill my tank before cleaning everything from the nozzle to the tank cap etc.. I'd rather pay them extra to let me do the job by myself. I had sand in the tank. It cost a lot of time to clean that out!! I would never complain about self service. Next time I use a pre filter system I'll develop. For ActionCampers it will be a built-in option!

ActionCamper

Supporting Sponsor
Highly doubtful a vehicle platform that is now in it's 6th year of production, and second engine, will ever see a diesel. Heck, the JK in its current form will probably only be around 3-4 more production years considering previous "wranglers" have had production runs of about 10 years. (YJ: 88 i think, through 95, TJ: 97-06)

Don't forget that the diesel Wrangler engines are not produced in Europe. Jeep ships diesels to Europe. So it's just a matter of the right decision.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach