Doc's 05 Tacoma Build Thread

Explorer
Time for some winter camping and trips so it's tine to add some good chains to my bag of tricks - I like these Diamond HD chains for highway use.

http://www.tirechain.com/255-85R-16LT.htm

Those are nice chains to for side hills also, I pack one set all year, and two sets in the winter. The second set are heavy V-Bar but you don't want to run them on the highway!

I also carry a small chainsaw so I can cut pads to set the hi-lift on or cut down dead trees to bridge out of the deep snow.

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
FlipPac Interior Build 98% Complete

101_2162.jpg

More pics here:
http://expeditionportal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=34407

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
National Luna Remote Monitor

I finally got this wired from the Power Pack in the bed and into the cab (what a PITA).

I am VERY happy with the full control and visual monitoring of the dual battery setup that it provides. It's nice to see what the alternator is doing too :ylsmoke:

101_2179.jpg

Zam15

Explorer
Looking great Dave, can't wait to check it out in person. :drool:

Quick question, where did you get your Rubbermaid containers and what size are they? The 25gal? I looked at Target, two Walmarts, and Home Depot and one only one that had them in that size was Target and they only had one in stock... :mad:

Bighead

Adventurer
Doc...did you upgrade the wiring that came with the NL Power Pack or did you use what came with the kit?

I have been looking for info at this kit for a while since an under-hood dual battery setup on my 3rd Gen 4Runner is not in the cards for me.

Thanks for the help.

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
Looking great Dave, can't wait to check it out in person. :drool:

Quick question, where did you get your Rubbermaid containers and what size are they? The 25gal? I looked at Target, two Walmarts, and Home Depot and one only one that had them in that size was Target and they only had one in stock... :mad:

Thanks.

The Action Packers are the larger of the two sizes at our Wal Mart

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
Doc...did you upgrade the wiring that came with the NL Power Pack or did you use what came with the kit?

I have been looking for info at this kit for a while since an under-hood dual battery setup on my 3rd Gen 4Runner is not in the cards for me.

Thanks for the help.

No need to upgrade ANYTHING with the National Luna stuff - it came with everything I needed and then some. Very high quality cables and connectors.

The only thing I did add was a Blue Sea 6 circuit fuse block back there in the camper as a junction for any future electrical needs.

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
First Aid Kit

I added a small first aid kit in the camper by mounting a small sheet of aluminum behind the light box, using the same screws the box uses, and making it long enough to hang down for the first aid kit. The kit attaches to the aluminum via 4 inch velcro strips so it is removable if needed.

101_2186.jpg

Of course, this small kit is intended to stay with the vehicle 24/7 - I have a much larger bag that I take on trips ;)

Next up will be a fire extinguisher.

heeltoe989

Explorer
I added a small first aid kit in the camper by mounting a small sheet of aluminum behind the light box, using the same screws the box uses, and making it long enough to hang down for the first aid kit. The kit attaches to the aluminum via 4 inch velcro strips so it is removable if needed.

101_2186.jpg

Of course, this small kit is intended to stay with the vehicle 24/7 - I have a much larger bag that I take on trips ;)

Next up will be a fire extinguisher.

If your looking for a fire extinguisher I highly recommend - H3R Performance - HG250R - Red Clean Agent Fire Extinguisher, I've had to use it a couple time on the trails with other truck and it work very well and doesn't destroy the electrics in trucks and no mess with dry chemical.

PS - keep up the killer work Dave!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven