Does anyone know about ARK Portable battery boxes and where to buy them

pdxfrogdog

Adventurer
A heads up for anyone looking for a decent battery for their ArkPak: Sears has their group 31 platinum on sale for $58 off (down to $231.99 from $289.99). Link here: http://www.sears.com/diehard-platinum-marine-battery-group-size-31m-price/p-02850131000P

Before checking out, I was able to stack another coupon code ("RESTOFUS") that I googled, which gave me an additional $20 off for a local pickup price of $211.99. I did get a message about the coupon not being applied, but their website removed the $20 anyway and that was what stuck all the way through check out. Your mileage may vary.

Can't wait to get my ArkPak delivered!

Brett From Ark

Supporting Sponsor - ARK
A heads up for anyone looking for a decent battery for their ArkPak: Sears has their group 31 platinum on sale for $58 off (down to $231.99 from $289.99). Link here: http://www.sears.com/diehard-platinum-marine-battery-group-size-31m-price/p-02850131000P

Before checking out, I was able to stack another coupon code ("RESTOFUS") that I googled, which gave me an additional $20 off for a local pickup price of $211.99. I did get a message about the coupon not being applied, but their website removed the $20 anyway and that was what stuck all the way through check out. Your mileage may vary.

Can't wait to get my ArkPak delivered!

Hi pdxfrogdog

that is exactly what we like to see the 4x4 community sharing and helping everyone to try and save a few $$$

Regards

Brett from Ark

austintaco

Explorer
I have left my ARkpak hooked up in the garage, and it's been on the float cycle as it should. However, we had some rolling blackouts the other night in our neighborhood, and the power would go out for a few minutes and then back on at the house. I didn't think about it, but I checked the ARkpak and it was back on boost and then it went back to float. Question: Is it bad for the main power to the unit to go on and off multiple times. Should I disconnect the ARkpak if this happens again?

BigSwede

The Credible Hulk

Thanks for the heads up! Been waiting for a deal and got me one...that coupon didn't work but I was able to find another one "WINTER20" that did.

Brett From Ark

Supporting Sponsor - ARK
I have left my ARkpak hooked up in the garage, and it's been on the float cycle as it should. However, we had some rolling blackouts the other night in our neighborhood, and the power would go out for a few minutes and then back on at the house. I didn't think about it, but I checked the ARkpak and it was back on boost and then it went back to float. Question: Is it bad for the main power to the unit to go on and off multiple times. Should I disconnect the ARkpak if this happens again?

Hi Austintaco

great observation about the Ark Pak and how it operates, this will not affect the Ark Pak or your battery, it is not bad at all for the Ark Pak what it does do is reset the charging process this is why you see it go back to boost cycle/ charge cycle then into float cycle.

any more questions please ask.

Regards

Brett from Ark

pdxfrogdog

Adventurer
Hi pdxfrogdog

i will read over the thread in greater detail soon, when i do i will post up my thoughts

regards

Brett from Ark

Thanks Brett, much appreciated. That specific post and then pages 6 & 7 from this Odyssey document is what has me concerned about the suitability of using those batteries in my ArkPak. These AGM batteries are so damn expensive... I want to make the right choice up front!

Cheers,

Mike

Brett From Ark

Supporting Sponsor - ARK
Thanks Brett, much appreciated. That specific post and then pages 6 & 7 from this Odyssey document is what has me concerned about the suitability of using those batteries in my ArkPak. These AGM batteries are so damn expensive... I want to make the right choice up front!

Cheers,

Mike

Hi Mike

it is great to see that you are taking a real interest in your battery choice and the more you know about your battery the longer it will last for you.

after reading over both links and looking at the concern of the correct charge cycle and rate the information that i can tell you that if you refer to post 247 which is located on page 25 of this thread you see my answer about the float voltage and several post after that you should see what the reply is from KTMman1 when he explain it to his battery supplier.

in relation to odyssey chargers they are only a 3 stage charger this is not a bad thing but the Ark Pak has a 7 stage charging system and the max voltage allowed when charging an AGM is 14.5 Volts any more then this and you will fatigue the battery i do not agree with giving any 12v battery a 16.5 volt charge this is not healthy for the battery over the long term in my opinion.

please refer below information on the 7 stages of the Ark Smart charging system

Stage 1: Charge
Commences recovery of your battery back to peak voltage. Then charges the battery at 6 amps up to a set voltage, at which point the battery is approximately 90% charge.

Stage 2: Testing
Checks the battery capacity and predicts the hours left until fully charged.

Stage 3: Bulk
The period just before boost when the volts are constant.

Stage 4: Boost
Peak charge for maximum performance. Battery is charged for two hours at constant voltage.

Stage 5: Resting
Allows the battery to consolidate after boost. The ArkPak ceases charging and allows the battery to rest while allowing voltage to drop to 13.2V.

Stage 6: Float
Maintains performance and prolongs battery life - as your battery is continually monitored and the voltage is maintained at 13.2V. It does this by automatically adjusting charge current for 500 hours.

Stage 7: Re-awaken
This exercises the battery and avoids sulphation build-up. After 500 hours of conditioning the charger automatically returns to charge cycle.

some parting thoughts would be that when you break it down the only difference between a 6AMP charger and a 40AMP charger is the time it take to complete the charge cycle, they both do exactly the same thing its just the 6 amp charger does it at a slower rate this is the only difference.

if you feel i have not answered the question or may have left some thing out please let me know

Regards

Brett from Ark

Brett From Ark

Supporting Sponsor - ARK
Hi to all the guys in the USA

just wanted to say please stay warm,dry and safe, the Australian media has been talking about a cold snap that has his the USA really hard and lots of people with out power

regards

Brett from Ark

JJBiggs

Supporting Sponsor | SEES
After reading this entire thread (ok...most of it) - this unit is quite impressive. Ordered the "New Year Package" this morning. Looking forward to giving it a solid test in the coming weeks.

Thanks.
C.

Last edited:

Askalyota

My ordered date was 2/16. I got shipping conformation from ArkPak on the 2/19. I just got my email delivery notice today from UPS for tomorrow 2/24. I'm not sure where they ship out but I'm out in the west coast-NoCal. This should give a good estimate for their delivery time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gotfuzz