Does what I want exist?

DFNDER

I’d look at something like a TAXA Mantis and just bring a portable outdoor cooktop to cook outside. There are other trailers like the Boreas EOS that would fit your family and needs, but doesn’t sound like you need that level of off road capability or cost. The new X version of the Mantis would give you some more off-road options which you might want to consider given how crazy crowded regular campsites have become.

Markal

Thanks everyone for the responses.

I had a little sticker shock after looking at the links yall posted. I’m not sure we need anything that tricked out. Also much bigger than I was thinking. Honestly I guess I’m not sure what I was thinking, but 19-20’ seems like a much longer trailer than I originally pictured.

I like the parents in the trailer kids in the truck bed setup, but worry about them being too hot. My son and I have slept in the truck bed under the shell during spring turkey season and been ok, and that was in March in the Smokies, not out west in July. Still worth considering tho. I also thought about making drawers and having my outdoor kitchen be from the bed of the truck. But that might involve unhooking the trailer to be able to cook. More thoughts needed there as well.

It will go off paved roads,Ike forest service roads, but not too crazy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Get a teardrop or “square drop” and put a nice rooftop tent on it for the kids. My buddy does this with a Braxton Creek Bushwhacker. I tow a Hiker Trailer (no RTT on mine because I don’t have kids). Any decent trailer will do.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blkcad