DustBox - dust mitigation device - positive pressure system

Raspy

I built my own positive pressure system using a modified mid '80s Chevy van air filter and squirrel cage blower. The air filter has a water separator inside to collect and drain blowing rain and uses the stock air cleaner element. Water cannot get in, but filtered air can. A grill on the front of the snout keeps birds out. No insects can find their way in while camping because of the air cleaner element. It picks up its air at a clean air, positive pressure spot on the front of the trailer. The air cleaner came off of a 4 barrel carburetor model engine, so it matches a 4 1/4" hole through the wall. Inside, a deep stainless cooking pot from Walmart fits over the blower perfectly and trims it out nicely. A simple toggle switch turns it on or off.

Attachments

• Positive Pressure.png
    Positive Pressure.png
    6.6 MB · Views: 21

Obsessed2findARuggedHybid

I built my own positive pressure system using a modified mid '80s Chevy van air filter and squirrel cage blower. The air filter has a water separator inside to collect and drain blowing rain and uses the stock air cleaner element. Water cannot get in, but filtered air can. A grill on the front of the snout keeps birds out. No insects can find their way in while camping because of the air cleaner element. It picks up its air at a clean air, positive pressure spot on the front of the trailer. The air cleaner came off of a 4 barrel carburetor model engine, so it matches a 4 1/4" hole through the wall. Inside, a deep stainless cooking pot from Walmart fits over the blower perfectly and trims it out nicely. A simple toggle switch turns it on or off.

This mod you did is what first inspired me to want this type of system.

Not having the time tools or skills I went for this DustBox. Love the variable speed switch so I can turn on while sleeping. Really helps with condensation. Very pleased with its dual functions. Great option for the non DIY er 😉

Attachments

• 20240531_170050.jpg
    20240531_170050.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 18

Went south to the Swell. Dust city! At least 100 miles of very dusty roads. Wedge Overlook then south down Buckhorn wash. Not a speck of dust and trust me if there was my ocd wife would have noticed it. She has given a huge thumbs up on the DustBox.1000021535.jpg

Nikson

Explorer
Great to see product working as it should. Hows filter doing?
I cleaned mine after the last trip, found it to be filled with dust, but as expected considering low speed dusty trails of Eastern Oregon.

Thanks for update!

Great to see product working as it should. Hows filter doing?
I cleaned mine after the last trip, found it to be filled with dust, but as expected considering low speed dusty trails of Eastern Oregon.

Thanks for update!
Nik thank-you for the reminder as checking the filter is on my list. Had a few snags on the trip as in literally. Very narrow roads and those Juniper branches are rough. Great product very pleased with mine.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
donaldsonmp3