EarthRoamer XV-LTS (S for Stretch)

shellb

Adventurer
I think Bill and team must be still working on the announcement as I haven't seen anything here or their website. Still can't wait to hear what it is!

TomH

Adventurer
I think Bill and team must be still working on the announcement as I haven't seen anything here or their website. Still can't wait to hear what it is!

Provan is also very close to releasing the new Siberian Tiger. Current Tigers have a fused cab/cabin. The Siberian will be built on an F-450 diesel crew cab with the cab and cabin flex joined like the ER XV-LT. I am also curious to see the new pickup based Unicats. This is going to become a competitive field.

jmcboots

Wheels

OK total noob here... but...

What wheels are those? They are on that brush truck too.

Also is there a bearing problem or anything associated with running only one tire on the dually axle?

Thanks!
John

LakeLBJ

Observer
Provan is also very close to releasing the new Siberian Tiger. Current Tigers have a fused cab/cabin. The Siberian will be built on an F-450 diesel crew cab with the cab and cabin flex joined like the ER XV-LT. I am also curious to see the new pickup based Unicats. This is going to become a competitive field.

Still haven't seen this yet. Or the new smaller EarthRoamer.

Alpentalic

Nice looking rig, that would fall into the "one-can-dream" category for me...

As for the second image...
I do this sort of work for a living, for a long time, starting with a real airbrush before it all turned to pixels.

To my eye this is two images, the truck has been superimposed upon a scenic backdrop.
The giveaway for me is the shadow being cast by the truck it's self, it's not quite right.
As for the stretch, pretty easy to accomplish if you have spent any time doing this sort of thing for a living.
It's not badly done, but CGI all the same.

turbopilot

Observer
Nice looking rig, that would fall into the "one-can-dream" category for me...

As for the second image...
I do this sort of work for a living, for a long time, starting with a real airbrush before it all turned to pixels.

To my eye this is two images, the truck has been superimposed upon a scenic backdrop.
The giveaway for me is the shadow being cast by the truck it's self, it's not quite right.
As for the stretch, pretty easy to accomplish if you have spent any time doing this sort of thing for a living.
It's not badly done, but CGI all the same.

This is not CGI.

img_3248_std.jpg

Attachments

• img_3248_std.jpg
    img_3248_std.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 28

TomH

Adventurer
Still haven't seen this (Provan's Siberian Tiger) yet. Or the new smaller EarthRoamer.

Provan has finished Siberian # 1 (prototype) which, according to Mark, passed all its trials with flying colors. Siberian #2 (first production unit for the sponsoring customer) has recently been finished. Provan is preparing for a photo shoot that will happen soon. Those photos will then be used for brochures, web pages, other introductory promotional materials. After that, the unveiling will come.

Would love to know how the new ERs are progressing.

haven

Expedition Leader
Anyone have information or photos of the "hidden bunk bed" mentioned earlier? Sure would be nice not to have to set up the second bed across the path to the bathroom!

DKB2GO

Observer
I'm thinking Earthroamer could do a drawer-like bunk that slides out from under the bed and extends over the galley. Something similar to what's been done in some truck campers. Given Earthroamer's door placement, I'm not sure how the bunk would be supported aft.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk