EarthRoamer XV-LTS (S for Stretch)

Hannah-Brown

It says that in the 2nd paragraph.
They may just be putting out the specs based on what Ford's specs are.

I like it, I want basically the equivalent sized vehicle for a family adventure rig. I doubt I could ever afford a new one though! lol
I bet they will be expense and size will limit it's ability to travel old mining roads in the Rockies. I love my 2005 supercab and it's ability to go everywhere. Kind of like a ATV that you can live on in the mountains for 6 months.

DKB2GO

Observer
Im now waiting for an Epedition Vehicle that can depend on its self without a home ! maybe Earth Roamer should provide Epedtion trailer hauled by XV-LT and comes with a Carage for one car, storage places ,Fuel&Water tanks, bathroom with a shower...etc .

XV-LT and XV-LTS comes with 12,500lbs capability hitch ! wonder what if they design a trailer with it :) .

It will reduce the off-road ability , but will stand in long time journeys.

An Earthroamer base camp? Interesting idea that would allow users to enjoy the Earthroamer comforts and craftsmanship yet retain the flexibility of taste and preference in a tow vehicle. Maximog affords one example of how this can be done; albeit on a budget far more than grand than most have available.

TomH

Adventurer
So How Long Will It Be

until the XV-LTS or any of the smaller XVs are available? Are they in production yet or still in the design stage? Provan is finalizing its design of the new Siberian Tiger and will soon build the prototype. This vehicle will be a direct competitor to the XV-LTS, but at less than half the price.

cwsqbm

Explorer
until the XV-LTS or any of the smaller XVs are available? Are they in production yet or still in the design stage? Provan is finalizing its design of the new Siberian Tiger and will soon build the prototype. This vehicle will be a direct competitor to the XV-LTS, but at less than half the price.

From other's reports, an XV-LTS has been built. I've heard nothing of this new Provan you mention, so I can't accurately comment, but the term "direct competitor" is frequently overused, like when Chevy compares a Malibu to a new BMW and claims superiority in some numeric way.

jronwood

Adventurer
I spotted an ER a few years ago about a mile from home , AWSOME. I had never seen or heard of one previously. I am a F-550 owner twice over and currently have one 550 4x4 v10 (previous was 7.3) and a 350 CC 4x4 7.3 flatbed. The 550 is a great platform for an adventure vehicle.

Look forward to checking them out.

trailsurfer

Explorer
About 2 weeks from the first one being completed. Interior build out is almost complete. I will be at the factory in the next 2 weeks and will post photos.

howell_jd

Adventurer
Having been at ER last week I can assure you there is some ENERGY at EarthRoamer! Positive and upbeat, the crew is motivated and enthusiastic. The excitement of a new model in production is contagious too - like a kid in a candy store, I found it difficult to resist the lure of the variety in breadth and depth of continued "sweets" from engineering and mechanical developments.

I have been described as a "fan-boy" of ER before to be certain - and in full disclosure I do own an ER too - but I can not say enough good things about the PEOPLE who really are ER. It is easy to have a customer-manufacturer relationship defined by cost of materials and labor for ordinary (or not-so-ordinary) maintenance (both preventative and for repair/replacement) of components and parts that are "stressed" by their usage in demanding off-highway, off-track, off-trail exploration and adventure. Development of a genuine personal relationship with the PEOPLE at ER has been one of the best experiences for me. I am made genuinely happy to see Bill and the many great Americans he employs because they have optimism and energy to both live right as equally as work hard. Bill's vision-made-reality is not the truck or Jeep or stretch or next-thing-on-the-drawing-board in my opinion; it is the close and personal relationship he has with his "build team" other ER owners in general and my family in particular.

ER certainly is a professional company with people of character. It is the intangible personal relationship though between the "build team" members (and I would like to think to some extent with myself although perhaps not as poignantly) that really makes me comfortable with ER as a company. From the care and attention to electrical wiring looms, to the demanding tolerance in testing fittings/fixtures/components, to the pride in delivery on-time of a sparklingly clean ER jewel, the "build team" are artisans as much as craftsmen. It is a pleasure to watch them in action striving to get things "just right" every time. Even so, each and every one of these great folks took time to say hello and shake my hand and share a story (or two...I've been known to be gregarious at times...). Seeing the XV-LTS take shape over the course of a week was time-lapse photography in action without the need to speed up the film - what ENERGY as I said! Just as important, the attention to safety and proper fit-and-finish (neatness counts even where you can't see it) is apparent. Truly remarkable too is the synchronization between the crew members who know where to be with each element along the build path.

As with others, I can hardly wait to see the finished version of the new XV-LTS...also hope to see it on the road and in action too!

Congratulations - and thanks ER! You are great friends.

Your friend,
Jonathan

P.S. Despite this sounding like a paid announcement, I actually owe money to ER at the moment...er..."The check is in the mail!" Ha ha...no, really...

BeatMarti

Well said!

I could not agree more with Jonathan!

I own my second ER #105 (used to own #65) and I am VERY happy with it. The new Ford truck chassis is everything I hoped it would be and all the many year experience in building ERs and continuous improvements make #105 fulfill all my wishes!

When it comes to needing help anything from just information to actual repair or maintenance the ER team is always very helpful, friendly and competent!

And no - this is also not a paid advertisement....:)

trailsurfer

Explorer
I was in the LTS on Monday and it is fantastic. The additional space is very nice and it makes a significant difference from the standard LT.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk