eatSleepWoof gets a 6x12

eatSleepWoof

Do it for the 'gram
Thanks. Looks like I can't get that sink brand through Amazon in the US. I am sure there are some very similar though.

Amazon.ca won't ship it to the US?

I've bought (and had the items shipped to Canada) from Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk, even Amazon.co.jp.

Kingsize24

Countertop is in place! Material is 1.5"-thick bamboo, which I stained and finished. It's bolted down with about 6-7 M6 bolts, and screwed down with an additional 6-7 screws.

Water pump is a beast. Stronger pressure than what I have at home.

DDy5cST.jpg

Sink is 15x17" - a fair bit larger than what we had in our previous travel trailer; it's also deeper, and has a very deep food-catch basket. It's a much nicer option than what's commonly found in trailers, and will be plumbed shortly.

I'll make some sort of fixture to secure the stove hookup so that those fittings aren't bouncing around in transit (and destroying the countertop). With time I'll also build a variety of cabinets/storage nooks all around, above the countertop.

0zlD0vE.jpg

wYHfCvx.jpg

JGHBHHI.jpg

Also made some changes to the sleeping plans. Over the course of the build we've changed the plans for this about a dozen times, but have finally settled on a setup that will actually work for us. We will not do the previously-planned staggered bunk-bed layout, but will instead have a north-south, queen bed in the main sleeping area, and an east-west bunk above it, at the far end. Fridge will live on a slider underneath the bed.

That looks absolutely FANTASTIC!!!! AMAZING JOB!

Are you going to fit storage under the bed with shock risers, RV style?

eatSleepWoof

Do it for the 'gram
That looks absolutely FANTASTIC!!!! AMAZING JOB!

Are you going to fit storage under the bed with shock risers, RV style?

Sorta/kinda, but not in the way most RV beds are. The fridge (to be bought) will live under the bed and will slide out; beside the fridge there may be a drawer, or even a simple cavity for storage of longer gear (camp chairs, fishing rods, that type of stuff). This will all be under the passenger-side half of the bed. The driver-side half of the bed will have cut-outs that open up (probably on struts) and deep storage cavities below.

Kingsize24

Sorta/kinda, but not in the way most RV beds are. The fridge (to be bought) will live under the bed and will slide out; beside the fridge there may be a drawer, or even a simple cavity for storage of longer gear (camp chairs, fishing rods, that type of stuff). This will all be under the passenger-side half of the bed. The driver-side half of the bed will have cut-outs that open up (probably on struts) and deep storage cavities below.

So cool. Look forward to seeing that. Will be Glamping at its finest. My wife is JEALOUS of that counter top. ?

ITTOG

Amazon.ca won't ship it to the US?

I've bought (and had the items shipped to Canada) from Amazon.com, Amazon.co.uk, even Amazon.co.jp.
They may, I didn't even look.

We are using this sink from Amazon in the US. It seems pretty nice. Most of the same features. Probably all made in the same facility somewhere.

Sorry to hijack the thread!

- Karl
Thanks for the link. That one looks nice as well.

eatSleepWoof

Do it for the 'gram
Split the pump intake line with a Wye and two valves. The second intake hose can be placed into a container of RV antifreeze for easy winterization.

JnYOfhM.jpg

Leak-tested the fittings in the external, driver-side access hatch, then insulated and finished it.

x43ki5P.jpg

lpvHRpA.jpg

Built four drawers and two access panels (one for the pump & plumbing, other for the electrical section). Drawers are on full-extension, soft-close slides.

q6n5jfG.jpg

The two top, left & right drawers are on 22" slides, the other two on 16" ones.

N2huOrs.jpg

Paint + drawer pulls coming in the next few days...

Last edited:

eatSleepWoof

Do it for the 'gram
Framed the bed area using 2x4s which are half-lap jointed everywhere. The two vertical 3/4" plywood supports are recessed into their respective joints, and screwed to the floor. These
will serve as the walls for the future fridge slider.

The bed area is 65 1/4" wide and 79 1/2" long; larger than a residential queen bed, and nearly king-size!

2geUjLW.jpg

q76Zf6L.jpg

Ran pipe for the heating output; all components are glued together. The heat now comes out at the foot of the bed, below the bottom drawer. This position will allow some hot air to rise into the kitchen cabinets, ensuring that the water tanks and pipes are adequately heated.

yTeDedy.jpg

rZZ1mIq.jpg

ITTOG

It is looking very nice.

Why did you have the exhaust go left (in the pic) versus straight out the back? Was there already a hole in that spot?

eatSleepWoof

Do it for the 'gram
It is looking very nice.

Why did you have the exhaust go left (in the pic) versus straight out the back? Was there already a hole in that spot?

Are you talking about the diesel heater's exhaust, or the hot air output that goes inside the trailer and is then ducted to the kitchen area?

ITTOG

the diesel heater exhaust. Curious why the extra length created by not going straight out the back of the trailer?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
havanother