eBay $200K 2007 AATREC in CA

mhiscox

Expedition Leader
Wow, I would agree that it is a good price.
It certainly couldn't be replicated for anything close to twice the price. This would be a stellar truck for anyone, but it is one of just a handful of expedition trucks that you could live out of for weeks without hardship, so for the few people who actually could go on an extensive expedition, it would be tough to beat. I watched the owner of the sister truck (JRhetts on ExPo) pack his Fuso up for his multi-month Yukon trip and the amount was able to take with him was phenomenal.

Also, in comparison with something like an XV-LT, or even the stretch XV-LTS, the impressive cabin size and liveability is telling. Far and away the biggest thing is that you do not have a cabover bed with this truck. Additionally, compare the size of the kitchen areas across the two; the Fuso cabin is much better for "real" cooking. And even though the crew cab XV-LT is a bit longer overall, the difference in the length of the long Ford cab versus the much shorter FM cab means that the FM floor space is much greater. So based just on the accommodations and systems, this would be a much better truck for one or two people to actually live out of for long periods of time. (It's perhaps instructive that JRhetts owned two XV-LTs before moving to Darrin's Fuso.)

Sedonut

Adventurer
Only $200,000?????? Me and the old Toyota Landcruiser have to figure out a way to make more money.

Waltzing Matilda

Adventurer
Wow- it's not too far from me. And it appears to be back on the market.

Maybe I'll go take a look and get some ideas & inspiration for designing the interior of La Bus.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Itsgreg