Engel Generator

campinglab

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
How much for the 2000?

Pricing for the 2000W is in the $1,000 range but I'm yet not sure if it's definitive. Unfortunately Paul from Engel USA is out of town in a trade show and won't be back until next week so we'll have to wait a little on this one.

Dave Bennett

Adventurist
Pricing for the 2000W is in the $1,000 range but I'm yet not sure if it's definitive. Unfortunately Paul from Engel USA is out of town in a trade show and won't be back until next week so we'll have to wait a little on this one.

Thanks, please post up what you find out.

campinglab

Supporting Sponsor, Overland Certified OC0018
well we'll have to wait a little longer to post an definitive price for the 2000W but i've been authorized from Paul from Engel USA to offer it at a special introductory price of $850.

Shipping included :)

Also got a little more info on the units themselves:

These generators use an electronic inverter to "clean" the current produced by the alternator. The power produced is not quite as clean as Honda generators but it's pretty close.

Details here :) http://www.sawafuji.co.jp/english/tech/hatudenki.html

davegonz

Explorer
I don't have one of the Engels, but I do have an older Yamaha EF1000. I use it for camping to power lights/fridge at night and also as a backup for when the power goes out at home (rare).

lowenbrau

Explorer
Nice looking unit.

The specs of the Engel unit show a square wave rather than the true sine described on the Fijisawa webpage. I'm sure Fijisawa makes a true sine inverter but I'd be surprised, for the price, if they put it in this generator.

Both Honda and Yamaha claim pure or true sine wave power but at a much higher price.

If you are running lights, charging batteries and powering fridges it might not matter to you anyway.

HenryJ

Expedition Leader
Can the Engel 2000W generators be combined? Jumper between for a 4000W capacity like the Hondas?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk