Equipt's Land Cruiser 100 Series

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
How difficult was the wagongear install? Looks like you have to do some cutting, did you use a jig saw? Does it use nutzerts?

It was pretty simple. I used an angle grinder with a cutoff wheel. Don't recommend using a jigsaw. It would be too messy IMO. It only took a couple of hours. The only thing I didn't do yet was dynamat the interior. No nutserts. it utilizes the existing holes in the tailgte. Theres a step by step instructional (with photos) on his website as well as on MUD.

r3run33

Adventurer
hey Yumi forgot to ask this and it may be a really silly question doing from a northeast coast us person; but leaving the propane tanks out like that and you being in the super HOT summer sun; any worries??? I thought these needed to be in some sort of shade in extreme sun? thanks love that tail gate

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
hey Yumi forgot to ask this and it may be a really silly question doing from a northeast coast us person; but leaving the propane tanks out like that and you being in the super HOT summer sun; any worries??? I thought these needed to be in some sort of shade in extreme sun? thanks love that tail gate

No worries at all propane tanks sit out in the sun all the time...

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
AT Water tank progress

So... The AT water tank securing "cage" is close to being finished.... AS with most things I can't leave well enough alone ESPECIALLY when there is perfectly good space that can be used. The spinning wheel in my head came up with the idea of adding a Rotopax mount to the mix. Fit like a glove!!
Once the lid and fold out shelf are completed its off to get powdercoated.

Attachments

• tank.jpg
    tank.jpg
    399.9 KB · Views: 106
  • side tank.jpg
    side tank.jpg
    454.2 KB · Views: 108
  • 20150414_163928.jpg
    20150414_163928.jpg
    380.8 KB · Views: 87
Last edited:

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Added a rotopax mount to the storage box behind the passenger seat. It was a wasted space.... so I filled it in.....

rotopax.jpg

Last edited:

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
FINALLY got the lid back from the fab shop.... unfortunately everything is on hold until I finish recovering from knee surgery.
If I'm lucky I might be able to sneak it in next week to get the lid welded, hinge cut, riveted and mounted.... after that, its just powdercoat, latches and DONE!!

Yuman Desert Rat

Expedition Leader
Spent some time yesterday investigating a strange noise coming from the drivers side rear wheel. Turns out part of the E brake came apart and there was a bit of a mess in there. Also discovered that the rear calipers had ZERO lubrication in them. (unless you count rust dust as lube) so I gave them some love and lube until I order replacements or a rebuild kit. Also installed an inner fender well liner on the drivers side. When I removed what was left of the old one, there was enough dirt and rocks lodged behind it to fill a cereal bowl. It was densely packed an wet to boot. I had to break it up with a screwdriver. When I did I found insects living in my mobile ecosystem. I found a drain hole at the bowels of my excavation that was blocked by the vehicle wrap on the lower section of the body. I fixed that too. I'll do the other side when I put the ebrake back together.

I'm getting new tires next week, too! :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roamingraven