Eurosonic's Montero 2.5Gen Build Thread

cap510

Adventurer

Now you can do the floor mod to get that tank way up there :ylsmoke:

Looking good dmitriy, hope u can join us on the Sierra challenge.

eurosonic

Expedition Leader
Over the weekend me, my lady and the dog took a trip cruising around back-roads of Placer county, somewhere east of Auburn CA. Nothing extreme, mostly fire roads and dirt trails. We eventually got to a town called Iowa Hill which used to be a gold mining community 150 or so years ago. Was once the biggest town in Placer County until a fire took burned it all down. Population now is less than 200.

The only store in town

tried this, is it autumn yet?

Went over this ancient suspension bridge. Shaaaaaky

saw this

Last edited:

GrassCat

Adventurer
Nice looking trip, nice looking lady, nice looking dog, nice looking truck I think I'll stop there. :)

By the way, looks as if you may have done a very good mod on the truck. It got you there and back all in one package.

Congratulation!!

I think you're ready for trip with Kevin, Adam, Carlos and maybe Ray if he can fix his problems.

eurosonic

Expedition Leader
Met a fella in town with this uber rare Disco G4 Edition. Said he owned a Montero before getting this. It was a deal that he couldnt pass up so he switched over. Asked him how he likes it compared to the Montero, he said he liked the drive-train and suspension more in the Monty.

SoCalMonty

Explorer
Woooow...did that bridge have a posted weight limit?!?!

The camo truck you saw is called an LMTV. Cat 6.6L diesel powerplant probably. I've driven several of those. :)

eurosonic

Expedition Leader
Found some pics of the trip to the Rubicon that I went on couple of months ago. Unfortunately I didn’t go through the entire trail due to a failed locker compressor. It made extremely difficult trying to continue without it so I had to forfeit, head back and save the trip for another time. Nevertheless it was a great experience. Camped out, had some nice chats over fire with all sorts of people and of course - expo this expo that, 4x4 this and that....

Morning before hitting the trail

Carlos was our navigator and leader of the pack.

MONSTER!

Everything is now fixed and ready to go back!:smiley_drive::smiley_drive::smiley_drive:

Last edited:

eurosonic

Expedition Leader
Im rubbing quite a bit on the lower fender edge which actually cut into my tire couple of times. So Im thinking of chopping it.

I came up with 4 different ways to do this. Kind of want to get creative with it, hey why not. Messed with photoshop and came up with this quick GIF for comparison.

Option 1 - Stock

Option 2 - Move half of the lower part of the fender blister back 2 inches. Most difficult.

Option 3 - Move only the lower part of the fender back 2 inches. Less difficult.

Option 4 - Chop couple of inches from the corner and cap it away. Easiest.

anim_61d7dc8a-a512-f814-fd72-53ce840e9e7c.gif

Any thoughts?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal

Members online