Eurosonic's Montero 2.5Gen Build Thread

eurosonic

Expedition Leader
On Sunday me and a buddy decided to make a nights trip to Barney Riley Trail which is located in Humboldt-Toiyabe National Forest.

We left at around 7 pm got there a little past 10. Sierras had some wild fires burning for past couple of weeks so it was still kinda hazy.

Morning.
What roof top tent..

Love birch trees. Reminds me a lot of Russia when I was growing up as a kid.

The trail is very scenic. Perfect place for some moderate offroading and exploring.

Getting close to the Carson river,

River was about 1-2 foot deep. This time I took off my shoes and walked in half way to see the depth. No one to pull me out if Im stuck.

Eventually got to the hot springs, which were so refreshing. Im coming back with the wife next time!

Took this pic after we filled it up which took about an hour.

Or course,

back home,

Smoky

On the way back there were couple of challenging spots going up hill. I got caught high centered on a boulder and was freaking out for a while. My locker wasn't working again for some reason! This time I know the pump is good but for some reason it wouldn't turn on. Eventually with some HiLift efforts we got over it. I was too stressed to take pictures. Nevertheless it was an great trip.

Last edited:

eurosonic

Expedition Leader
Thanks. I'm at 155k.

Current issues, not sure weather it's mileage related or not.

Heater core leaking for the second time (currently bypassed)
Rear locker has a mind of its own, engages/disengages in 2WD. Doesn't turn on when I want to, turns on when I don't. Will trying changing diff fluid.
Doesn't idle steady when parked - jumps from 500-1300 rpm. No CEL.

That's about it for now :)

eurosonic

Expedition Leader
Haven't posted in a while,
Here is some stuff that I did to the truck over last few months.

Rear tire was hanging too low for my liking so I modified the tire carrier mount and moved the tire up few inches by switching the mounting position.

Cut away a from the bottom to move the rim upward.

Before

After

Moved the high lift up on the rack by fabbing up some bolt mounts. I dont really like having it up-there, but have no where else to put it so this will work for now. One day will have on swing away maybe. Also made shovel mounts.

Action poser shot!

Bought these foglights a while back so finally retrofitted them into the ARB bumper.

cnutco

Adventurer
Looking damn good!

I will be test fitting a 255/85r16 KM2 on my spare carrier next week. I will most likely use a bracket to move the spare up and angled out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jeeps4fun

Adventurer
Going back to the beginning of the thread :). Do u recall the backspacing on the raceline wheels? Gives a great stance with both 33 & 35" tires

I was thinking a H3 rim might make a good for with some 33" but it may have a Backspacimg that's too deep.

Awesome rig btw. Looked at a 98 tonight based on your build thread

eurosonic

Expedition Leader
Going back to the beginning of the thread :). Do u recall the backspacing on the raceline wheels? Gives a great stance with both 33 & 35" tires

I was thinking a H3 rim might make a good for with some 33" but it may have a Backspacimg that's too deep.

Awesome rig btw. Looked at a 98 tonight based on your build thread

They are 8 inch wide with 0mm backspacing (4.5 inches)

eurosonic

Expedition Leader
I wish they were with a negative offset thought. Another inch on both side would be nice.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal