Eurosonic's Montero 2.5Gen Build Thread

scrubber3

Not really here
Euro, the heater core issues have been experienced my myself and a few others to include laoutbacktrail. My problem is that mine doesn't get hot enough to produce heat once it dips below freezing. It seems to be gunked up, but flushing it only works for a week maybe two at most then it's back to being ineffective. Even after I flush though, it still doesn't make it as good as it should be, just better than it was.

I added an electric auxiliary heater on the passenger side center floorboard area as the passenger side vents do not seem to put out as much heat as the driver side. I don't mind the cold as much as I do the hot and humid. My AC works great and I'd rather have it than a heater that's optimal.

Just know that you're not alone in your heater issues. Just adapt and overcome, or since you've got access to it now, go ahead and replace it, but make sure you flush the cooling system very, very well or else you'll be chasing your tail again.

HTH

eurosonic

Expedition Leader
During my last trip to the mountains I wasn't getting much heat from the vents. So I did what an old timer trucker friend told me. I put a piece of cardboard right before the radiator. It kept the temperature up so the cabin was nice and toasty.

scrubber3

Not really here
During my last trip to the mountains I wasn't getting much heat from the vents. So I did what an old timer trucker friend told me. I put a piece of cardboard right before the radiator. It kept the temperature up so the cabin was nice and toasty.

I'll see what I can do about that on mine. Only I'll have to be a little more inventive due to my winch taking up much of that space. Sounds like a nice project this week.

Thanks! And be proud of that new beauty mark brother. I think it adds character. ;)

eurosonic

Expedition Leader
No need to be inventive. There is a convenient slot right between the rad support and the radiator to slide in the card board or ideally a thin piece of metal plate.

Jaynen

Adventurer
I thought the gen 2.5's had fender flares :p?

jokes aside, I agree with the other statements that if we were that worried about our rigs we would not be out there. (hence the reason I don't care too much about the trail pinstriping I got 2 days after I bought it)

eurosonic

Expedition Leader
Finally installed a Warn M8000 that I had laying around the garage.

Since I trimmed the bumper at the bottom a while back, I had to move the the winch mounting location higher up in the bumper. The opening for the cable was cut out and new holes were drilled. Also reinforced the mounting location (not pictured)

The existing box with the solenoids that I had was damaged so I made my own out of a plastic box and some metal plate. I wanted it to be smaller so I can mount and hide it behind the grill.

I ran the remote plug location right through the grill. Was going for a clean, simple and functional look.

Nice and tucked. Now to close all that up with a skid plate.

Box with the solenoids attaches to the grill with a bracket.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
Very cool...but I have a few questions:

How do you disengage (freewheel) the winch? Can you access the t-handle?
Why isn't the hole for the fairlead more uniform or oval shaped?

eurosonic

Expedition Leader
Very cool...but I have a few questions:

How do you disengage (freewheel) the winch? Can you access the t-handle?
Why isn't the hole for the fairlead more uniform or oval shaped?

To reverse there are two options. Use reverse on the remote. Or put the winch in neutral using a lever and unwind it manually. ARB bumpers already come with a hole on top a to reach the winch lever.

The hole for the fairlead was originally a rectangle like mine, I simply moved it up couple of inches by cutting some plate that was in the way.

Here is a pic of how it used to be before I trimmed off the excess fat.

nwoods

Expedition Leader
I meant: How do you access the lever to disengage the winch if you put on a skid plate under there? Can you reach the level from about, through the bumper?

eurosonic

Expedition Leader
I meant: How do you access the lever to disengage the winch if you put on a skid plate under there? Can you reach the level from about, through the bumper?

Yes, you reach the lever through the bumper. Ill post a pic of it tomorrow.

eurosonic

Expedition Leader
Went out to catch the long awaited storm in the Sierras and also some snowboarding.

Here in California we actually have to pay for snow.

buhuqy7y.jpg

jagumy2y.jpg

3epumade.jpg

Some cabins that I go to

a6a3e5yh.jpg

Overall a good day

utuhypu2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nowhereman