Eurosonic's Montero 2.5Gen Build Thread

eurosonic

Expedition Leader
Rack for a Jeep XJ's rails was a perfect fit? Nice discovery!

Ditto that. Nicely dropped as well. Can't wait 'til my B5 S4 comes home...

yeah it was almost a perfect fit. The rack did allow me to move in/out the front mounts. I also had to add a spacer in front of the rack so the rack doesn't rest on the roof.

But other than that it fit perfect.

The Audi is sitting on KW Coilovers.

eurosonic

Expedition Leader
Does anyone know where the wiring for the factory foglights is located on a 2.5 gen?

Im trying to hook up new fogs for my on my ARB bumper. I have the factory switch inside the cabin but cant quite find the wiring by the front bumper.

Does anyone know where the wiring for the factory foglights is located on a 2.5 gen?

Im trying to hook up new fogs for my on my ARB bumper. I have the factory switch inside the cabin but cant quite find the wiring by the front bumper.

Funny you ask that... the truck had factory wired fog lights in the front bumper.... took them out at one point. Went to install some PIAA lights and can't find the wiring...?

eurosonic

Expedition Leader
Funny you ask that... the truck had factory wired fog lights in the front bumper.... took them out at one point. Went to install some PIAA lights and can't find the wiring...?

I never actually took off the foglights. When I got the truck it had its front end missing completely. So never had fogs hook up'd since getting the truck.

I tried looking for it and dont quite see where the wiring could be coming from.

off-roader

Expedition Leader
Is there a fog light switch? Alternatively there may be an unused wiring loom connector behind one of the many empty switch plates.

It may require tracing back but if all else fails...

eurosonic

Expedition Leader
Yes, I have a fog switch next to the gauge cluster. I would much rather hook it up to the existing circuit then running a new one.

Awddragger

Any issue with those 35"s? Rub on frame or body? How is the driving on stock gears? I am looking for a new set of tires and thinking of 35"s but don't want to get into rubbing issue with body or frame.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Smithmds77