Everyone's a Guest at FORD now

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
This is so embarrassingly idiotic and shows how Ford management (as well as anyone who does anything like this) is completely incompetent and unintelligent. Anybody is a guest when they are welcomed into anyone else's home or business. However, when you are there to be serviced in a potential business engagement you are BY DEFINITION a customer. So, basically Ford is just showing how utterly moronic they are by failing to use words properly in order to, in one of the most pathetic attempts at sophistry/marketing I can think of, cater to the lowest common denominator and the most sentimental. What a pathetic joke.

And the funny thing is that calling someone a 'guest' outright is usually done as a hostile reminder that they have overstepped their bounds and could be asked to leave or to behave themselves. Therefore, it is like Ford, in its embrace of stupidity is being unintentionally hostile and aggressive towards the CUSTOMER.
Easy - they are just trying to be hospitable- nothing more or less…lol

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
I'm guessing that won't bode well for Lincoln...

Don't see a whole lot of them around here.

So thinking the amount of sales would be hard for a lot of dealers to justify a stand alone store front.

Not sure what Lincoln's market share is like. McConaughey only needs so many...
He is their wishful target. I don’t see many Lincoln’s, they are a distant second to Cadillac for anyone willing to spend big on a domestic.

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
Lol, the Lexus dealer here has a salon so you can git yer nails did while you wait...

View attachment 802746

A guy I worked with previously worked at a BMW dealer. While his customer was waiting for his car to be serviced, they went to the complimentary lunch café and had lamb shanks.... And this was 15 years ago. Lots of dealers have some catching up to do.

I think the Guest thing is from Disney. Seriously. About 12 years ago I attended a seminar put on by Disney about how to spoil customers... They referred to customers as Guests. So guessing that's where Ford got the idea from...
BMW needs to have a math tutor in their waiting rooms, customers don’t understand depreciation.

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
Can we charge the kid extra for farting and burping at the table?
I thought that was just compliments to the chef?
BMW needs to have a math tutor in their waiting rooms, customers don’t understand depreciation.
Or they don't care. Maybe Bimmer does a lot of leases? Lease till the warranty is up then bring it back for another? Who knows.
Doesn't seem to stop them from selling cars. Not sure if there's still a huge backlash over the subscription for heated seats.
That was ridiculous. Base model Kia's include heated seats nowadays....

plainjaneFJC

Deplorable
I thought that was just compliments to the chef?

Or they don't care. Maybe Bimmer does a lot of leases? Lease till the warranty is up then bring it back for another? Who knows.
Doesn't seem to stop them from selling cars. Not sure if there's still a huge backlash over the subscription for heated seats.
That was ridiculous. Base model Kia's include heated seats nowadays....
I’m not sure if that’s a movie quote or not but what you said reminded me years ago I was in a cafe with my brother and the table next to us a kid burped really loud and his mom went to slap him and he said it was “compliments to the chef”…😆

Todd n Natalie

OverCamper
I’m not sure if that’s a movie quote or not but what you said reminded me years ago I was in a cafe with my brother and the table next to us a kid burped really loud and his mom went to slap him and he said it was “compliments to the chef”…😆
Not sure where I heard it. But it was probably like 30 years ago, lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coast runner

Members online