Exped Storage Boxes

camodog

Adventurer
Reviving an old thread! Anybody have any new solutions to storage?!?

Extra points for reviving an old thread instead of creating a new one. I currently have two dewalt tough boxes. Air and water tight and very durable. trying to downsize my camping trips into just one dewalt case and maybe one action packer for recovery gear.

Ray_G

Explorer
Glad this got bumped, it's a great thread. Anyone using the cub boxes in conjunction with the wolfpacks? I'm interested in seeing how the nest in, and on, the wolfpacks. Currently finalizing the interior storage in my LR3 using a mixture of pelican, wolfpack, and action packers-pics to follow when its rounded out.
r-
Ray

jrnottarts

X2 on this question. It looks like the cub packs might lock in t the grooves on the wolf pack, but it's impossible to tell from pictures. If no one replies within a week or so I'll call front runner and report back :)

Rattler

Thornton Melon's Kid
I have a couple of the Bundu boxes which are essentially a Wolf box. They came with some crappy plastic clips. I replaced them with some of the metal wire ones from Wil @ Sierra Expeditions and they work so much better.

rayra

Expedition Leader
unclesamsretailoutlet.com (actual FedGov surplus outlet) sometimes has various mil containers for sale, at comparatively cheap prices. They've got some smaller pelican-type sealing containers sized to fit night vision goggles right now for a low price. And modern field desks for not cheap, but they'd make a decent chuck box.

jdillard

Observer
I just bought a bunch of surplus Hardigg cases, 21x21x11. The deal seemed too good to pass up, but I'm concerned about how heavy they are. At 18.5 lbs each, I could end up with a lot of weight in and on the vehicle just in empty boxes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy