Expedition Overland - 2015 Season

RedX

I was down there for a Biological Anthropology Project with a professor of mine, great experience and fun way to get school credit. Now I just need to get into a Masters Program so I can continue with Bio-Anth and Archaeology.

Dalko43

Explorer
The 2015 season of XO was fun to watch! IMO, out of all the Overland groups that are blogging and recording their experiences, XO seems to be one of the most professional ones out there (MSO is up there too).

Going forward, if they continue to focus on the technical aspects of offroading and overlanding (and maybe throw-in some how-to's, DIY tutorials, and instructional stuff), they would not only continue to draw in an audience but also could solidify their roles as ambassadors and advocates of this activity (which is something the 4x4 community dearly needs in this day and age).

Redman333

Adventurer
The 2015 season of XO was fun to watch! IMO, out of all the Overland groups that are blogging and recording their experiences, XO seems to be one of the most professional ones out there (MSO is up there too).

Going forward, if they continue to focus on the technical aspects of offroading and overlanding (and maybe throw-in some how-to's, DIY tutorials, and instructional stuff), they would not only continue to draw in an audience but also could solidify their roles as ambassadors and advocates of this activity (which is something the 4x4 community dearly needs in this day and age).

Very well put and I agree 100%

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

andysgreenxj

Observer
I enjoyed watching XO's adventures into Central America. They did a fantastic job as always, showed a lot of really cool stuff that many of us can only dream of... However, while again, I did really enjoy this season, I actually liked season 1 better, only for the reason that the boys seemed to have way more fun, and show us more of the places that they saw up in the Yukon, and Alaska...again, i did really enjoy watching this season, and can only hope that someday be able to take such an epic adventure of that scale!:safari-rig:

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
I enjoyed watching XO's adventures into Central America. They did a fantastic job as always, showed a lot of really cool stuff that many of us can only dream of... However, while again, I did really enjoy this season, I actually liked season 1 better, only for the reason that the boys seemed to have way more fun, and show us more of the places that they saw up in the Yukon, and Alaska...again, i did really enjoy watching this season, and can only hope that someday be able to take such an epic adventure of that scale!:safari-rig:

Thanks for watching :cool:

kmlacroix

Explorer
I think the XO team does a great job. Exploring different elements of overland/expedition travel, while exploring different places. Looking forward to the next season.

sseaman

Adventurer
I just finished watching both of XO's trips and really enjoyed them and have now passed the links on to others. The AK trip is probably a little closer to what many of us could achieve in regards to finances and time but the Central America trip shows that it is achievable with some extra support. Looking forward to future videos from these guys and gals.

cruiseroutfit

Last edited:

cruiseroutfit

Good luck at the 1000 today Kurt

Thanks. It wasn't all violets and roses but we had a great trip and a fantastic learning experience. More on that here:
http://www.canguroracing.com/?p=623

I just finished watching both of XO's trips and really enjoyed them and have now passed the links on to others. The AK trip is probably a little closer to what many of us could achieve in regards to finances and time but the Central America trip shows that it is achievable with some extra support. Looking forward to future videos from these guys and gals.

Very interesting conversation to have. Fwiw it is ~3500 miles each way from SLC to Prudhoe, assuming you don't detour which of course you would. It is 4100 miles from SLC to Panama City, Panama, again assuming you just drive the main routes. Camping is equally doable along both routes though I'll concede MX/CenAm will have you wanting to hotel it a bit more. Fuel prices are similar along the way, in fact it might be cheaper along the SLC-PAN as a whole verus SLC to Prudhoe. Both are fantastic routes (to be fair I've not made it all the way to Prudhoe yet, I'm 360 miles short :eek:). Getting to Yaviza (literal end of the road) will prolong your mileage a bit. Import fees and insurance are pretty nominal for CenAm, I'd plan on $200-300 for the entire round trip? Food is going to be cheaper in CenAm too. Totally shooting from the hip but I'd guess the two trips are within 10% of each other cost wise. Time, you are spot on. You'll need twice as much time to cover the CenAm route as you theoretically would the AK route. I just did the SLC to Yukon River Camp (1/2 day south of Prudhoe) in September... I'll be back there, it is amazing scenery!

AaronK

Explorer
Tough break with your throttle body, that silt is nasty stuff 😕

Sent from my OnePlus One using Tapatalk.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater