Expedition Portal and The Africa Overland Network present the Overland Live Series.

Victorian

Approved Vendor : Total Composites
Ok, I take it back ... found the email!

Looking forward to tomorrows event! :wings:

Session is live! The presentation will start in 30 minute

Excellent presentation, Christian. Thanks for hosting this. Can't wait for the next in the series!

One comment: Is it possible in the future to have guests hold all questions until the end? It seems that Frederik and Josephine were getting a bit bogged down by all the questions. That would be super!

Thanks again!

rain76king

Adventurer
My internet connection crashed. I was not happy to have missed it. And most of my fantasy football game as well!

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
A few more comments:

-i think the session went extremely well. we had done some testing before but i was still nervous..
-we had about 70-80 people watching/listening/asking questions.
-the chat formula works well I think. You can comment and ask question as the session goes - and everyome sees it. if the presentor wants to, they can answer right away or delay to later.
-in order to avoid unwanted noise, everyone is muted except the presenter and the host.
-starting next year, we will have more regular sessions. The first guest on Jan 9th is Luis/Lacey from Lostworldexpedition.

You can already register and see some of the presentations coming - we will have some special guests to announce soon...
http://www.overland-live.com/podcast.htm

:)

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
I really think these sessions have much more value as a Q&A instead of a trip report.
The 1 way mode of a website or written 2 way of a forum works best for presenting an overview of a trip.
The value of a live session is interaction, the ability to ask questions and get answers and the emotions that come through when a person speaks. All the non-verbal cues that are a major part of asking someone thought provoking questions.
To take it a step further, I would say that a live session has it's greatest value in non-tech questions.
Asking about how the truck was build is a forum thing, asking about what it was like "living" in the truck for 2 years is an emotional thing as best ask live.

I enjoyed the trip overview, don't get me wrong, but with only a very limited amount of time I think people will do this for the chance to connect and get the real feel for the presenters.

For me personally it is all about how a trip changes someone, how they felt, what they were thinking/feeling in the moment. What was in their toolkit is for the forum.

rain76king

Adventurer
I watched the recorded version. Great stuff, I was impressed with it and have registered for the next one as well.
Thanks for putting this together guys.

Christian P.

Expedition Leader
Staff member
Everyone

Our next Overland Live session will be next Sunday Jan 9th with Lacey and Luis.

They just finished sending their truck across the Darien Gap and they will be explaining that process, amongst other topics.

Please register here - it is free!

http://lostworld.doattend.com/

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach