expedition style build up of my '90 Toyota pickup

roamingaz

Explorer
I have waiting on parts to arrive to start working on this truck again then everything arrived at once! :Wow1:
here is some updates on my progress.

here is a crappy comparison of stock headlights and the Procomp HID's

toyotabuild001-4.jpg

toyotabuild002-2.jpg

I painted the camper black, and tinted the windows.

toyotabuild005-4.jpg

here is the rack I am working on, it holds the solar panel perfect and I made a spare tire mount. I haven't decided if the Hi lift will stay on there or I will mount it inside.

toyotabuild004-4.jpg

I am working on a shelf for the rear doors. I tried several different options and so far I like a folding hinge. Tomarrow I am working on a latch to keep it folded up when the door is closed.
toyotabuild006-3.jpg

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o246/roamingaz/Expedition%20Toyota/toyotabuild007-4.jpg[/IMG

this will not let me post very many pics so I will post more again.

roamingaz

Explorer
I was going to carry water in several Sceptor water cans but I liked having running water to hose off the dust after a long trail ride or just a easy way to fill a pot , so I put in a 16 gallon fresh water tank.
toyotabuild012-1.jpg

I built a shelf to cover the tank as well as a place to mount the filler hose and spray head.

toyotabuild011-2.jpg

I used a stainless steel marine flush mount filler and a basic kitchen sprayer, I will be changing out the sprayer for a stainless shower head. The pump is a surflo 2gm and it really keeps the pressure up.
toyotabuild005-3.jpg

toyotabuild009-3.jpg

I moved on to the electrical, this is my favorite part but it is time consuming and I have been working 6 days a week so not alot has got done. So far I mounted 2 yellowtop optimas and started on my electrical control panel. Tomarrow I will do more work on the electrical and post up some more detailed info and pics.
toyotabuild017-1.jpg

toyotabuild004-3.jpg

roamingaz

Explorer
I like the tint and the black looks good, but you do live in the southwest, right?

Here. fixed this one for you . . .
Kinda funny first thing my friend told me (in his best Jeff Foxworthy voice) " Ya know that black gonna be really hot in the summer"

I agree, but when its 110 degrees, everythings hot even white cars.:sombrero:..

cool thanks for fixing the pic.

Last edited:

YodasYota

Observer
This is an awesome build! Dont see to many pickups, and this one is done up sooooo sweet! I'm hoping to get one this summer to replace my 2wd pickup, and you have given me lots of ideas for a sweet rig.

roamingaz

Explorer
I finished up the shelf, looks pretty good and it is really stable.
toyotabuild003.jpg

I also put on some door holders.
toyotabuild002.jpg

The shelf holds alot of weight no problem and it fits my Pelican 1550
toyotabuild006.jpg

I will probally only use it for my cookstove. Here is my new Brunton vapor stove, it fits really nice and just the right height.
toyotabuild005.jpg

I mostly did wiring today but I was able to get the rack on and test fit the fridge.

toyotabuild001.jpg

toyotabuild007.jpg

Tomarrow I will finish up most of the wiring , I am still waiting for my fridge temp gauge. As soon as I can get it installed then I can wire loom all the wires and get some good wpics of everything.
I will start putting together all my gear and get it ready to load up for my weekend trip.
What part of this forum should I post details on what I carry in the truck like tools and camping stuff?
I also posted a bunch of stuff in the for sale section here, lots of misc. stuff.

roamingaz

Explorer
This is an awesome build! Dont see to many pickups, and this one is done up sooooo sweet! I'm hoping to get one this summer to replace my 2wd pickup, and you have given me lots of ideas for a sweet rig.

I was looking at some 2 wheel drives when I found this one, I think if you ad a rear locker and a winch you can go alot of places with a 2 wheel drive and I personally think pre runners are awesome.

kcowyo

ExPo Original
You're getting a lot done quickly. Nice thought process.

Did you ever figure out which vehicle your guage cluster came from?

roamingaz

Explorer
I am hoping to have this truck ready for its first trip in a week, I am taking a weeks vacation up to the lake to get in on the crappie and catfish action thats really hot right now.

I hooked up some lights inside the camper and started fitting some gear in it. I really like the side tool box on the camper, it gives the same amount of storage space as a extended cab truck would have to store misc. tools.

toyotabuild002-4.jpg

So far I have my tow strap, max axe, Viair compressor, hi lift, shovel , and first aid bag. I have a few more things I will keep in this compartment then I need to find a way to secure it better then the door lock.

toyotabuild001-5.jpg

Here is the electrical control panel I am building, I did run into a small problem though, the big empty space in front is where I wanted to mount the Cyberdyne digital temp gauge but I put the 12 volt ports and h2o toggle switch right in the way. Once the gauge gets here I will do some test fitting and most likly move the power inverter remote switch to the front or just start over on a different control panel:oops:

toyotabuild003-5.jpg

JONNYFJ

I have been following your build on mud, and I must say that that is the coolest single cab expo rig I have seen. Not to mention the best use of a camper shell

Keep us posted... O yeah an lots of pics:beer:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy

Members online