expedition style build up of my '90 Toyota pickup

roamingaz

Explorer
More updates

I have been doing a lot of work to my truck, I actually see a light at the end of the tunnel:wings:
I have a lot to update on and I have change things around several times to make it just right.

I have a changing room for my RTT, I will get a piece of turf and this will be my shower area since it is covers the entire side of the camper.

Adventuretruck002-2.jpg

Adventuretruck001-3.jpg

I really like that I can actually stand up inside.
Adventuretruck003-3.jpg

Inside the cab I added a winch control, I put it in place of the factory clock.

Adventuretruck003-2.jpg

I also installed a CB, it fits perfect in the ashtray slot, I still have room for a 2mt. radio or scanner under the stereo
Adventuretruck004-2.jpg

I found a good use for the sunroof, it keeps my gps out of the sunlight and it is much easier to see.

Adventuretruck006-2.jpg

Camper mods

I put all my electrical stuff on the side of the bed to keep stuff from bumping into it. Notice the cool little Engel fridge socket from Austraila.
Adventuretruck009.jpg

The only thing that sucks about buying stuff from down under is they have different connecters then here in the states. I had to solder on the connections for this socket to work, but well worth the effort, this thing holds the plug solid.
Adventuretruck001-2.jpg

Here is two 12 volt outlets and the power inverter remote switch.

Adventuretruck011.jpg

Up next:

I have just finished installing a fridge slide I bought from a expo member, this thing is awesome!

More lighting for the camper interior and exterior

onboard fire suppression system

azyota00

Observer
roamingaz

I was just mentioning this to my parter this morning for those long distance excursions. Did you install the tank where the spare usually goes? How is it held up? and how do you connect std tank w/ new tank? :clapsmile

roamingaz

Explorer
I was just mentioning this to my parter this morning for those long distance excursions. Did you install the tank where the spare usually goes? How is it held up? and how do you connect std tank w/ new tank? :clapsmile

Yes the tank mounts under where the spare tire monuts but this particular tank is made so the spare tire can be mounted back after the tank is installed. I just removed the spare and put it inside the bed.
The aux. tank is gravity fed to the bottom of the main tank, I didn't know at first if this was going to work out ok but the folks at Northwest Metel Products have been building these things for years and promised I would have no issues and so far I am very happy with it. I get crappy gas milage because of my gearing but I can go about 460 miles without refueling, I am going to regear back to 4.10's and I expect to get around 550-600 miles on both tanks.

The tank tucks up really high.

Adventuretruck002.jpg

4 bolts hold it up, it bolts to the underside of the bed.
Adventuretruck004.jpg

Adventuretruck005.jpg

here is the filler neck, I had to modify it because without any lift and 31" tires the gas nozzle wouldn't fit in.

Adventuretruck003.jpg

this is how it fills the main tank, I cut a big hole in the bottom of the skid plate but is not required to do that. also the aux. tank has a filter for the fuel going to the main tank. Thes tanks are not DOT approved in California, not sure about other states, if I have any issues with emissions people I will just remove the tank and reinstall afterwards.
Adventuretruck006.jpg

Adventuretruck008.jpg

The only problem I had installing it was my custom exhaust, I had to have a new tailpipe bent to clear the tank.
Adventuretruck009-1.jpg

azyota00

Observer
After posting my question I went back thru the posts and saw the answer to my question but thanks for responding anyway. If you were to put back the spare it would be lower, correct? You have some wonderful ideas and you are very inspirational for others,
thanks

Cypher

Full Time Traveler
WOW!!! I am not sure how I missed this build all this time, but I just stumbled upon it today... Great work and what an awesome truck! Congrats... I'd really like to see this thing in person someday. Once again great work! :victory:

a.mus.ed

Explorer
Jess sold this truck, and I believe it was recently spotted for sale again. Jess has bought and sold approximately 32 expedition vehicles since then, and is currently selling his latest so he can get a different color. :victory:

All kidding aside, I like your builds so keep it coming! Looking forward to seeing what you'll do with a Land Cruiser.:smiley_drive:

roamingaz

Explorer
Jess sold this truck, and I believe it was recently spotted for sale again. Jess has bought and sold approximately 32 expedition vehicles since then, and is currently selling his latest so he can get a different color. :victory:

All kidding aside, I like your builds so keep it coming! Looking forward to seeing what you'll do with a Land Cruiser.:smiley_drive:

thats really funny, though a bit true. :elkgrin:
Yes the toyota is for sale in Colorado last I checked, I tried several different things with it and I just couldn't fit comfortably. My newest project is a full size ford with a four wheel camper and after several failed attemps to sell it and tonight my ebay auction ended without my minimum bid so I am keeping it and continue building it, check out the full size section for my build up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Top Jimmy