Expeditions West XV-JP Testing and Build Thread

Gear

Explorer, Overland Certified OC0020
Hello Scott,
Do you have any shots of the new tires and wheels. I would like to see a photograph from the front showing the offset with the fenders. Long story short I tried putting Jerry(1legs) 255/85/16 on my Jeep the other day. Only to find out that the stock rims rubbed right up against my rear lower control arms(I have Poly Performance). So I was only able to go about 2 feet. Great lesson in tire changing 101. Still thinking about that increase in fuel economy.

theksmith

Explorer
worthless.gif

;)

theksmith

Explorer
Sgt Grunt said:
Please Scott don't post pictures of yourself in the shower!!!! :sombrero: Some things just need to be kept private....:jump: :hehe:

nice!

but seriously, am i missing something? are there pictures posted somewhere else of the actuall rig (other than the single one in post #72)? I know ER has pics of thiers on thier site, but I wanna see the EW version in action!!!

hochung

Adventurer
well, not really "in action" but here it is:

nr08002%20007.jpg

I blocked him in so that he couldn't drive it while in Moab.

Scott,

Maybe you can elaborate on something for me. On the Earthroamer web site, they state that the XV-JP comes equipped with "cooking facilities". But, in all of the pictures that I have seen (including all of the really good pictures on the ebay listing)I can't seem to find what this consists of. Is it a single burner stove? Is it on the inside or outside? What fuel?

thanks

and another pic would be great:)

theksmith

Explorer
thanks for the pics, keep em coming! it looks good! want to see more about how you end up modifying it from ER "stock".

Ho, the G4 Disco looks great as always, i almost bought one on ebay about a year ago but ended up with a grand cherokee as i know more people in jeep clubs around here... still envy yours though!

bme

Northern Explorer said:
Scott,

Maybe you can elaborate on something for me. On the Earthroamer web site, they state that the XV-JP comes equipped with "cooking facilities". But, in all of the pictures that I have seen (including all of the really good pictures on the ebay listing)I can't seem to find what this consists of. Is it a single burner stove? Is it on the inside or outside? What fuel?

thanks

and another pic would be great:)

i have the same question. ??
picture please
________
Bmw R51

Last edited:

Scott Brady

Founder
I opted to not have any cooking options on my Jeep. I know they have several concepts in test, including a microwave. On the Sportsmobile we used, the microwave was a very useful solution.

I am testing several stove configurations at the moment, deciding between the Brunton Vapor, the Snow Peak Two Burner and the Partner Steel.

I leave for Baja in the morning for further testing, and have a full IGT system on board, including the Snow Peak two burner and the BBQ Box.

At least for my needs, I do not see the benefit of having integrated cooking, as I want to be able to cook inside or out. :12_4_18:

AFSOC

Explorer
Huh?

I know they have several concepts in test, including a microwave.
Am I interpreting this to mean there is no interior cooking offerings as yet? I guess I have never researched the XV-JP very closely but I'm shocked to find this out. Are other systems developmentally mature (water heater, holding tanks, water pressurization, furnace)?

Pardon me while I head off to scour the Earthroamer website.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk