eXpeditionXterra Build Up

eXpeditionXterra

Adventurer
<------NEW STUFF ON THE PREVIOUS PAGE TOO!!!

Okay, another project here. I use Akro-Mills boxes as storage in the rear deck area of the truck. They are easy to move around, easy to get in to, and can be secured with push-pin type fasteners.

I can fit three across in the back of the vehicle. The only issue is that the boxes tend to slide around a bit, and could be dangerous in an accident situation. I don't like the sound of boxes bouncing around when I am on a bumpy dirt road.

The solution: Engel slide locks for the small fridge. Purchased three, and mounted the fridge feet to the bottom of the boxes. Mounted the slide locks to the rear deck, and it works extremely well!!

slidelocksm.jpg

A view from the door with the boxes mounted.
boxes1.jpg

This shows the slide lock mounted to the Line-Xed rear deck. You can see the Xantrex inverter underneath the deck.
boxes2.jpg

A close-up of the push button release.
boxes3.jpg

The box removal is as simple as pushing a button and pulling the box out of the guide rails.
boxes4.jpg

This shows the feet mounted to the bottom of the box
boxes5.jpg

A side view of the feet
boxes6.jpg

A view from the front seat looking back at the boxes
boxes7.jpg

Last edited:

firemansxterra

Adventurer
dude...coming from an xterra owner...that thing is flippin sweet! even though it is a first generation! haha just kidding my second gen can't touch her...i wish they paid ff's more so i could afford to do even half of the stuff to mine that you have! that is one of the best xterra rigs i have ever seen!

eXpeditionXterra

Adventurer
Be prepared for a big update.

The truck is back in the shop for generation 3 of the suspension. Project: no more torsion bars.

Broke an A-Arm.. Decided to fix it for good.

silentsamurai

Explorer
you truck makes 9lb 6oz baby jesus, still a baby, sleepin in his manger, dont even know a single word yet...cry.

my god man, you give me hope to make an extra 5k a month haha

jsmoriss

Explorer
Wow. I'm going to come back here for more great ideas. It had never occurred to me that slide-loks could be used for something else than a fridge! Excellent idea. :)

Thanks,
js.

teotwaki

Excelsior!
eXpeditionXterra said:
The solution: Engel slide locks for the small fridge. Purchased three, and mounted the fridge feet to the bottom of the boxes. Mounted the slide locks to the rear deck, and it works extremely well!!

That is SO sick! My hat is off to you.

eXpeditionXterra

Adventurer
Yes - The big update is still coming.

Included will be:

• 3-Link Solid Axle Conversion using a Dynatrac Pro-Rock 60 With all the goodies and an ARB locker
  • Aux fuel tank, and transfer pump
  • More electronic updates
  • Onboard Welder
  • Onboard water tank
  • Rear glass elimination project - really excited about this one!
  • Solar/Wind power

Keep an eye on the thread!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal