Expo / Daily-driver JK build (Pic-heavy)

AsltPnr54

very cool racks, love the interior rack especially. The interior pelican looks like its secured to the rack, good idea.

ventura911

Adventurer
The Whelen light is model 3SRCCDCR, a 3" Red/White compartment light. Six Super-LEDs with independent control of Red and White light, LEDs are rated for 100,000 hours of operation, draws 0.3 Amps at 12.8 VDC, 275 lumens light output. (All that for less than $45 online.) It needs a constant source of power, and the wiper motor isn't hot all the time. A fuse block is mounted along the right side of the fridge. Wire is run under the carpet and along the lower rubber molding, then back up to where it enters the hardtop through the hole molded into the top for the wiper's wiring. The light is very shallow and needs just a small hole cut through the wiper motor cover. A three-way rocker switch controls it (sorry, don't know the make or model of the switch).
photo 46.JPGphoto 43.JPGphoto 44.JPGphoto 45.JPGphoto 48.JPGphoto 47.JPGphoto 61.JPG

Last edited:

ventura911

Adventurer
Looks really sweet now it just needs some dirt on those tires.

Knew I'd catch heat for that! Funny thing is, it just got washed for the first time in about 4 months.

Like the roof rack, the cargo rack was made by SMP-Fabworks in Sun Valley. I wanted something that didn't take up too much room and that could (with a little wrenching) be removable. The base section is attached at the rear seat bolts and two bolts placed where the jack would be stored.
photo 62.JPGphoto 59.JPG

The upper section is attached at the wheel wells with six bolts, three to a side.
photo 53.JPGphoto 50.JPGphoto 52.JPG

The upper portion is hinged and supported by struts, allowing it to open to access the fridge, case, and other cargo. When closed, it is secured with hood latches against rubber pads to prevent rattles. It also supports the water tank.
photo 9.JPGphoto 55.JPGphoto 54.JPGphoto 63.JPG

Last edited:

Free Beer

Brocephus
Dang, thats a lot of stuff.
Some great ideas here.
I think its time I get some ACOS. When I load my jeep up with all my gear, I have about 1.5" of uptravel. Hard to keep up with my friends in pickups, bottoming out over every bump.

ventura911

Adventurer
Dang, thats a lot of stuff.
Some great ideas here.
I think its time I get some ACOS. When I load my jeep up with all my gear, I have about 1.5" of uptravel. Hard to keep up with my friends in pickups, bottoming out over every bump.

Old Man Emu springs (2619's front, 2620's rear - 660# needed for weight), long-travel Nitrocharger shocks, and extended brake lines

Free Beer

Brocephus
Haha, I was hoping nobody caught that. I asked before I read the original post. Thanks, I imagine I would need something softer for my 2-door with no back seat.

ventura911

Adventurer
Try the OME 2618's. They're rated to 330# and, though they were designated for use by 4-dr JK's with hardtops (or so I've read), they are often used by 2-dr JK's in need of a butt lift. I was fine with them until I, uhh, gained a bit of weight recently (mainly fluids - 110# for 13 gallons of water and another 120# for gas in the extra tank). With the ACOS, I think you'd be good to go. In fact, I'm giving my old ones to a buddy for just that use.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal