Expo / Daily-driver JK build (Pic-heavy)

Now I understand why your username is what it is. The pics tell it all. Anyhow, I'm just going to say great job on the build and that I want to apologize ahead of time as I will probably be PMing you a handful of times to get info from you. Hope you gave the rack builders a heads-up that they may be getting some orders for racks. Great stuff!

ventura911

Adventurer
Thanks for your compliments, folks. I was fortunate, I believe, in that the last thing I did was actually get the racks built; everything else had been bought and paid for (and taking up space in my garage) for quite some time. Being able to configure the racks to the gear I already had made it easier than having to work the gear to an off-the-shelf rack system.

If anyone has questions or needs specific details, please let me know. I've also clued SMP-Fabworks in on my big reveal, so you can contact them, too.

Zaskar

Very sweet set-up! I just ordered the LED work light, thanks for the info. The rocker is just a 3- pole rocker? I need to find one of those then. The light is bolted on? I see they have a grommet mount also.

ventura911

Adventurer
Very sweet set-up! I just ordered the LED work light, thanks for the info. The rocker is just a 3- pole rocker? I need to find one of those then. The light is bolted on? I see they have a grommet mount also.

Yep, just a three-way rocker. To keep it simple for me (always a plus) I set it to have white UP (forward when open, you know, where the headlights are) and red DOWN (to the rear when open, where the taillights are). The light just screws in with two screws. Since it isn't directly exposed to the elements, I didn't see a need to use the rubber grommet, but it wouldn't hurt, either.

dox

Could you post some more / closer pics and info about the tent cot RTT conversion? Very interested in this!

Very cool build :drool:

Thanks for posting up all the info. I was hoping that was a push on-off switch, but the new picture showed it better. Very clean install I'm sure that all took a good amount of time.

keithro

Adventurer

Check radio shack.

ventura911

Adventurer
SMP made the top bracket on the roof rack with mounting points for my tent cot. To mount it, I removed the two main legs from the middle section and the two supporting legs on the ends (the supporting legs are there to prevent the cot from tipping, so I don't need them in this application). Right now, I'm bolting the cot in place, but soon will be getting cotterless pins to make it quick and easy. (Sorry for the stock pic of the cot; it isn't on right now, but the other pics show the mounting bracket and studs that the legs mount to.)

imagesCA4QAX7K.jpgphoto 73.JPGphoto 71.JPGphoto 72.JPGphoto 76.JPGphoto 73.JPGphoto 74.JPGphoto 75.JPGphoto 78.JPG

Last edited:

TexasTJ

Climbing Nerd
When Its time to top off your water supply how do you fill your Front Runner tank?
Also how did you put in you Gen-right aux tank? Dose it pump in to the main tank and the to the motor? Dose you DTE in the Computer come up doubled or will that still only read the front tank?

thanks

Biggs

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal