ExPo's 2000 7.3 Excursion Build

justcuz

Explorer
The retirement and health insurance are definitely nice, but the biggest raise you will ever get is no longer having a mortgage payment, at least where I live.
I'd love to tag along on these trips though. The scenery is beautiful!

justcuz

Explorer
What route are you taking south from Washington? Hurricane Ridge is very beautiful this time of year if it's not closed yet. I think they close it at the end of October. Great views across the straights and all around. Really diverse scenery in each compass direction.
Oregon coastline is very scenic and so is California down to Big Sir, after that you might as well head across the state to the Sierras.
Safe travels, waiting on the next installment.

bjm206

Adventurer
So now to ask the question that has been driving me nuts, how big of a tire can you use on stock wheels without rubbing?

Everything i see says 35s are too big, but ive seen many people do it. And yes I know that the excursion wheel is too narrow for recommended specs anyway but meh. What has everyone seen?

315/75-16 KM2s (about 35") on stock Ford steel wheels with a 4.5" front lift...no rubbing.

30775338735_4cbeeffa82_z.jpg
[/url]Ford Excursion New Suspension & Axles 1 by bjm206ksw3, on Flickr[/IMG]

The key at this tire size is to have a positive arc front spring and an adjustable track bar (panhard bar). Hanger lifts with stock negative arc springs can be done but it requires some tuning.

Good luck with your project.

Last edited:

Steve@316

Excursion Overland
also looking forward to the build,.. We're building one as well! Interesting, 2000 Limited, 7.3L, Green,..?

Chris Cordes

Expedition Leader
Hey everyone im back and ready to begin updating this thread again! Since I left there have been a few goodies arriving including a brand new set of falken M/Ts, a new bumper, and a set of lights. The remaining bits are on their way, so for now Ill focus on the interior! Look for more updates coming this week.

P.S.

What would be everyones opinion of color matching an ARB bumper to be Arizona Beige on this truck? It looks great on white but im hesitant with green.

RPhil

Adventurer
Hey everyone im back and ready to begin updating this thread again! Since I left there have been a few goodies arriving including a brand new set of falken M/Ts, a new bumper, and a set of lights. The remaining bits are on their way, so for now Ill focus on the interior! Look for more updates coming this week.

P.S.

What would be everyones opinion of color matching an ARB bumper to be Arizona Beige on this truck? It looks great on white but im hesitant with green.

Welcome back.

I think matching the trim would look awesome, here is ExploringNH's old Excursion for inspiration:

80-image_1dd7178bed4568d767d38c5785c8ad6c13643d42.jpg

Chris Cordes

Expedition Leader
Well Im still waiting on some parts for the lift, but a friend was in desperate need of the tires currently on my truck so we figured what the heck, lets try 35's on no lift. Turned out pretty well haha. Two pics with the running boards, one without!

bigskypylot

Explorer
Well Im still waiting on some parts for the lift, but a friend was in desperate need of the tires currently on my truck so we figured what the heck, lets try 35's on no lift. Turned out pretty well haha. Two pics with the running boards, one without!

Soooooo pretty! Are you going to fab up some sliders for her?

tyler.96

Observer
I just love the look of big meat on factory wheels. Wish those running boards fit my f150!

Steve@316

Excursion Overland
Awesome! Can't see what you have in the works,.. Color match bumpers to the trim for sure! I'll be doing the same with mine. The 35's look great,.. But I'd guess they rub a bit at stock height?

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nepaltourism