F150

big sky trapper

Adventurer
The misses and i took the big truck out for some testing and get some bump time on the new truck. over all everything worked perfectly. I was just easing down a little side road in 2WD when got stuck in a small spot of snow. locked it in and dug it straight down. woo hoo get to test my home built winch mounts. every thing worked great...minus two wires came loose inside the solinoid pack for the hand controler. 5 min fix and were pulling free. A lot shorter pull could have been done but i wanted as close to a 90 or over pull to test the side loading on my bottom support tray. Everthing seem good.

100_4775.jpg

The snow really picked up and we started a fire for the eve, got some good coals for the my new 10 in lodge dutch oven. Oh what a dandy!!!! deer tenderloins potates onions and carrots, with sesamee oil. hmm good. left overs for breakfast. with some hot rolls coffee ect.

100_4786.jpg

100_4784.jpg
100_4783.jpg

The next thing that needs a change or up grade is my antron 10m whip, it needs a cb style support spring under it. had to take it off. hiting the body so hard. with a spring under it I will be able to tie it down out of the way when needed.

Haggis

Appalachian Ridgerunner
Good God, that makes me hungry just lookin at it. Nothing better than deer steaks and eggs for breakfast. Venison is a stable around here, we have it a least three times a week, we very seldom buy beef. Plus we're still eatin' on the moose and caribou I shot last year in Newfoundland, and my dad got one of the few PA elk tags and bagged a super nice 7x7. PA Elk, nothing but the finest corn and soybean raised meat.

upcruiser

Perpetual Transient
Yeah, made my stomach growl too! haha

I wonder if you happen to know my brother. He's based out of Pray and owns Rockin HK Outfitters. Here's their link, its a pretty small comunity in that area...

The majority of his business is pack trips into Yellowstone, but also does elk hunting guiding in the fall. His website seems to be down today, but here's another link with info...

http://travel.state.mt.us/categories/moreinfo.asp?IDRRecordId=14974&SiteId=1

big sky trapper

Adventurer
wait till i give up my super secret "roasted beaver suprise" recipe on here one day. that takes a 14 in dutch oven, some patience cooking and some hungry campers....never any left overs there

big sky trapper

Adventurer
well this rig is done for. It was built for a spefic reason that i cannot explain in here. So Im looking at draging one of the many old school toyotas from the back yard (84-85) and see what i can build up from them. I have a few ideas ill share in the toyota list shortly. If your in the montana area and would be interested in a good sound truck cheap let me know theres nothing overall really wrong with it but i can not drive it does not include winch and radios everything else...

Moderaters unless you think this post deserves to stay you may delete it

black rhino

rear tire carrier

Hey Big Sky,

How did the rear tire/ jerry can holder workout. I'm planning one very similar for my old Chevy.

John

big sky trapper

Adventurer
The gas can rack i never finished. i made the brackets but never went any further with it. The tire carrier worked well but for really long term and lots of beating the bumper it self would have to be rebuilt. the hinge pin never showed any signs of fatigue but the factory bumper (20 years old) started to pull apart at the seams.

The locking pin worked really well. and i think is what held the whole thing together.

as you build one lets see it.....

Doc Gary

Always liked the older Fords. I personally am not a fan of regular cabs but if I had to it would be the LWB for sure

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
__kmg__