FGs for sale

Czechsix

Watching you from a ridge
Just saw this one on Ebay. From one of the pictures it looks like the rear frame rails have been remade. The rivets have been removed and replaced with bolts along with there not being any "extra holes" in the rails.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mitsubishi-...cf26c1e0a&item=261765209610&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

Same guys I bought mine from. Interesting, I wonder if they're looking to get into the used FG business. Tucson isn't exactly a hotbed for FG's. Would also be interesting to find out if it has the same previous owner, lol. ETA: just read the description, I'll bet it was the same owner, sounds like his M.O.

Last edited:

Randy in Maine

Quick general question on buying a used FG.....

Are replacement frames available? If so where and how much do they generally cost? Could a good welding shop or frame shop fix or fabricate a rusted or damaged frame?

What is the preferred coating for them? Some sort of POR-15 or KBS product with a UV protector and an asphalt undercoating on top of that?

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
I had a replacement rear frame section made for mine. It's pretty much like a big erector set, lots of bolting and unbolting.

pugslyyy

Expedition Vehicle Engineer Guy
Okay, that rear mounted ATV with dual outboard spares is one of the slicker things I've seen...

gc5444124279883410232.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach