First impressions of bfg at kos.

FordGuy1

Adventurer
Seeing that you're a Ford guy, you'll never be convinced otherwise.... but the Crown Vic is a huge beast, which is a big reason for its popularity. It holds lots of equipment. It's heavy and grossly fuel-inefficient. The newer Impala's have become popular PD vehicles because they are FWD and thus safer for cops who can't drive a RWD car with a V8 with any real skill. Once that big end gets away from you on a Crown Vic, if you're not ready for it, you'll never get it back and you're going for a spin. Keep in mind that not every car manufacturer gets to bid on these government procurement contracts.... because those contracts stipulate that the vehicles must be manufactured in the US, which effectively excludes anything other than Chevy, Dodge, Ford, etc --- that's the idea, for American government organizations to support American manufacturing. Great idea... but why not support high-quality manufacturing, and thus force American manufacturers to up their ante. Instead of competing against the entire car manufacturing market, they only have to compete against two or three other companies.

By the way, you don't believe that any old Crown Vic off the showroom floor will run to 350k miles with only oil changes and tires, do you?

Crown Vic's are just like Jeeps. They are cars for sheeple (that's "sheep" + "people", by the way).

It's a Fix-Or-Repair-Daily, but who cares, it was built in Detroit so it must be a great car, right?

For the record, I am not a Crown Vic fan, but when you service literally thousands of cop cars and work with 19 dealerships of all makes, you see what really goes on, not just the typical consumer guessing game. get to see what holds up, And yes, there has been a shiiit load of them go 300k with no repairs, and the amount of Idle time is crazy. As far as the Impala, it does suck and the Police around us hate them, they all want the rear wheel drive Vic. We just started servicing the new Explorer Hwy patrol cars, and they do haul ***, but there is no way they will go 200k.

bob91yj

Resident **************
Keep in mind that not every car manufacturer gets to bid on these government procurement contracts.... because those contracts stipulate that the vehicles must be manufactured in the US, which effectively excludes anything other than Chevy, Dodge, Ford, etc --- that's the idea, for American government organizations to support American manufacturing. Great idea... but why not support high-quality manufacturing, and thus force American manufacturers to up their ante. Instead of competing against the entire car manufacturing market, they only have to compete against two or three other companies.

Do you just make this stuff up as you go?

"The survey -- which takes into account how many parts in the car are made in the U.S., where the vehicle is assembled and how many cars are sold here – named the Ford F150 the Most American vehicle for 2013. From 2009 to 2012, that honor went to the Toyota Camry, which is built in Kentucky and Indiana."

Quoted from this article...
http://autos.aol.com/gallery/most-american-made-cars/

kojackJKU

Autism Family Travellers!
How about the awesomeness that is the BFG AT's....put another 600 plus Kms on them today. I really like this tire and its ability to stay comfy in any condition.

GDSQDCR

Adventurer
You will like the Marauder. Awesome car but defiantly not an expedition vehicle. I have an 03 in a Dark Pearl Blue. And yes it hauls down a freeway something fierce.

Eric Edwards

Adventurer
No need to be so aggressive, he didn't say anything that warranted that level of venom. Didn't know you had to be rich or have a small penis to own a G500... will check in with a couple of my buddies and ask lol. For the record I drive a "rusty garbage" Toyota with BFG's which I like more than my Toyos. Besides, what's wrong with being filthy rich? I'm confused. o.o

NO, I was giving MY OPINION OF MY TIRES. I am not looking for anyone else's confirmation. Unlike yourself who needs to bash someone elses gear because you don't use it and think its the be all end all.

WOW you are an a hole! No fish bowl here buddy. I am out in the country every chance I get, with every type of vehicle. I don't have any complex about Toyotas, other than the lot here is full of rusty garbage they took back to destroy as they are unsafe.

I just noticed, you drive a G500, that explains it. small penis syndrome. Look everyone I drive a merc. ha ha ha! I am filthy rich, or, I bought a used one for cheap and want to make it look like im filthy rich. ha ha...knob.

kojackJKU

Again, you dont get my humor. Beside him being an a hole of course. That was serious. Ha ha.
Sent from my SGH-T899M using Tapatalk

Tdog02

Back to AT tires... I have two sets for my jeep. One set I bought at full retail (new) and the other were take offs from a guy who lifted his jeep and wanted a little cash to offset the upgrade. For a daily driver they last and last and when you are ready to go off road you air down and go. I think I'll get 65,000 miles out of my new set (25k so far) and at least 50,000 out of the used set that had 20k on them when I got them.

Balancing is the key issue here. The new set balanced like a charm, the used ones took about 4oz a tire but finally hit zero. I have never owned BFG's before but like the tire and the classic look. For the money I may go with firestone's next time or the walmart goodyear tire. But driving 300 miles or so a week these tires have done very well on the road in heavy rain and as long as I do my part picking the right line off road I go anywhere the rest of the group does.

I am pleased with how the tires are wearing and the ride is smooth and not noisy, critical points to me for a daily driver with a soft top. Not perfect but very good value for me.

kojackJKU

I agree, They work. I had my tires road force balanced as I do all my tires. That makes a difference as well. mine are balanced out perfect, are quieter, smoother and wearing as good as my coopers. The cooper wore like iron too.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shazpete