First things first, We'll see where it goes from there

richard cabesa

Adventurer
Looking good!

How is the Thule rack working out for you?

The racks are good, I carry a few long sticks or an extension ladder now and then and have no complaints. It's much easier now to reach to tie down at the fromt with the sliders on there.

I also added a couple of these. I can use them as a tie down point, a step, or a place to balance a fuel can while siphoning.

490271863_URPBH-L.jpg

richard cabesa

Adventurer
Can you post a pic of your ARB from the front? Thanks

Ben

No problem, but it will have to be tommorow afternoon. Out of light now.

I managed to actually get 6 hours to myself to work on a gas can carrying project today :wings: I'll try to get pics of that up tommorow too.

richard cabesa

Adventurer
Working on what, you didn't ask?
492333576_4No7U-L.jpg

I don't want a full time swing out on the bumper. I need to get into th back of the truck many times a day sometimes. If it was on there all the time it would be a PIA.

I'm building this up so it is removable like the bike racks and cargo trays that slide in the receiver. It will hold three cans and maybe a shovel.
492329976_Hfb8w-L.jpg

It swings out for tailgate access on the trail just like the bumper mounted type
492331724_JJvjR-L.jpg

Spring loaded latch for use around camp and a secondary bolt for security on the road.
492330904_NBG9z-L.jpg

Pulll the pin and throw the whole thing in the garage until the next time it's needed.
492332268_GZo4w-L.jpg

The cans aren't actually mounted yet and I've got some bracing and other misc to do but it sure feels good to get a project I've been thinking about for a while underway.

richard cabesa

Adventurer
Right now it's 52 lbs with out the can holders. I figure a few more bits, three can holders, two cans of gas and one of water should put the whole thing somewhere around 210-220 lbs

bucketosudz

Explorer
I like it also, Nice Job!! I have seen a couple of different versions of this, and they are growing on me. My year of Ford had these ridiculously difficult spare holders, it would be nice to get it out from underneath the truck. Thanks for sharing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samwich