First things first, We'll see where it goes from there

maineman

Mister Cabeza,

I almost never post (although I do a lot of lurking on this site and am always grateful for the education provided), but I can't hold back any longer. I am so impressed with your skills and design abilities. Very nice work.

Keep going. We all need the inspiration and the bar set this high. Plus, one after the next, I just keep stealing your ideas.

fatrat

SE Expedition Society
Sweet Taco build! Very innovative swing out design. There is a truck I see on the road that has the spare tire mounted via the receiver except it has no swing out design so he has to remove the entire thing every time he has to access the rear of his Bronco. His seems like a PITA to me however yours is very well designed!!! Keep up the good work!

richard cabesa

Adventurer
Thanks guys!

Too bad it's going to be about three more weeks until i can get back to working on it :(

Last edited:

richard cabesa

Adventurer
My ADD got best of me and I headed in another direction. That and an upcoming trip looming, I needed to get dedicated power to the back of the truck for the fridge.

If one socket is good, two is better, so I picked these up at Boaters World at half off during their going out of business sale. Then spent a coupe of hours making a little aluminum box to mount them in.
510446882_LWHZW-L-1.jpg

(Insert help of a welder friend here)
510438873_LUsCa-L.jpg

I already had the two sets of lights powered direct from the battery and their relays just bolted to the nearest bolt. It was time to clean that up and add a circuit for the fridge power. Back to Boaters World for a fuse block, back to the shop to fab a mounting spot.

A simple aluminum angle using the two existing holes on the inner fender to mount it.
510439583_a6dEH-L.jpg

A few wire ends, a little cussing, a very minor amount of blood and a few zip ties and it's done.
510439087_7iEjA-L.jpg

And wonder of all wonders, it works.

And there was no magic smoke :wings:

ntsqd

Heretic Car Camper
Nice work!
I found that my '84 Toyota had room behind the tail lights. I poked a hole through the sheet metal behind the light for the power socket. Disadvantage is that it is low where things could hit the plug, but so far it has not been an issue.

What's the 20 of Boater's World? I work in Goleta and they might have something that I didn't know that I can't live without!

richard cabesa

Adventurer
My latetest modifications

With the help of some Jack Gas.

the guy was in a box van and backed into me in a parking lot.

566995715_scnx4-L.jpg

Where he hit was squarely behind the storage box on the drivers side. It pushed the box in and broke off all four corners of the box. I'm glad the point of failure was the box and not the plastic bed. Also, it didn't do anything to the steel corner bed support. Tailgate is still alligned fine.

566996301_i2Gri-L.jpg

That's the plus side I guess. That, and I'm going to get a black bumper out of the deal :wings:

The down side is it might be in the body shop for the coast meet & greet :(

Look to look in your mirror, Jesus

deadbeat son

Explorer
Nice storage systems, and more importantly NICE FALCON!

My first car was a '64 Falcon 2dr with the 170 special and a Ford-a-matic transmission. Someday I'll buy another and build it the way I was never able to afford while I was in high school. :wings:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DQblues