FJC Frame issues?

FurthurOnTheFly

Glamping Society
SinCityFJC said:
I've been going through this since Oct 15th 2007.
My feelings toward my FJ & Toyota would be different if it weren't for Toyota's Corp. delay delay delay then deny tactics.

Hope to see you again on the trails - I'll most likely be wheeling a Jeep.

Thats too bad, remember there are lots of other great Toyotas out there without this issue! :mixed-smiley-030:

SinCityFJC

Adventurer
Miss R2FJ said:
Thats too bad, remember there are lots of other great Toyotas out there without this issue! :mixed-smiley-030:

Yeah the 40, 60, 80 series, trucks & 4Runners - I just won't give them my money again. But TLC Icon's aren't really Toyota's:safari-rig:

a.mus.ed

Explorer
Well, they are a Toyota frame...without this issue of course. And in the case of a used truck, you're not giving any money to Toyota. Plus, buying used is green:victory:

xcmountain80

Expedition Leader
Yup recycle recycle recycle, I can't sell my wife on recycling a FJ65 so that I can drive it... Oh well.

Aaron

SinCityFJC

Adventurer
a.mus.ed said:
Well, they are a Toyota frame...without this issue of course. And in the case of a used truck, you're not giving any money to Toyota. Plus, buying used is green:victory:

But does being green have to be so costly :jump:

I've been wheeling in a LS6 powered Icon & was very impressed. Do like the 2.8 diesel version with it's NV4500, Atlas TC & Dynatrac axles - thinking of recycling one of the CJ-6s like that.

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
A good friend and local customer has is FJC at the local dealer right now getting the bulges fixes, gonna take several weeks, dash removed and all. Keep in mind he bought the thing 4 months ago :eek: Needless to say he is wishing he had kept his old Tacoma or FJ60. :rolleyes:

SinCityFJC

Adventurer
cruiseroutfit said:
A good friend and local customer has is FJC at the local dealer right now getting the bulges fixes, gonna take several weeks, dash removed and all. Keep in mind he bought the thing 4 months ago :eek: Needless to say he is wishing he had kept his old Tacoma or FJ60. :rolleyes:

If your friend hasn't already posted up on these threads he needs to. Also get production date off door jam & if possible get pics of top of inner fenders with plastic removed that will show if his rig has the latest redesign (#3) of the inner fender - 1st two redesigns failed & if #3 does Toyota is in a world of hurt. This is one of the reasons I tolerated Toyota's delay tactics is I knew that hadn't been able to fix it, but was optimistic on fix #3.

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...do-you-have-inner-fender-bulges-cracking.html

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/problems-dealer-service/33440-engine-bay-body-rips.html

cruiseroutfit

Supporting Sponsor: Cruiser Outfitters
SinCityFJC said:
If your friend hasn't already posted up on these threads he needs to. Also get production date off door jam & if possible get pics of top of inner fenders with plastic removed that will show if his rig has the latest redesign (#3) of the inner fender - 1st two redesigns failed & if #3 does Toyota is in a world of hurt. This is one of the reasons I tolerated Toyota's delay tactics is I knew that hadn't been able to fix it, but was optimistic on fix #3.

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/foru...do-you-have-inner-fender-bulges-cracking.html

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/problems-dealer-service/33440-engine-bay-body-rips.html

I know he is active on that forums and even had the techs at the dealership read through that thread. Apparently he has gen #2 inner fenders that will be replaced with the redesigned units.

ShottsCruisers

Explorer
Not trying to be mean....but this a another reason I go nuts when FJC owners call their truck a "Land Cruiser".

Toyota sure as hell better support these FJC owners and fix these frame issues!

1leglance

2007 Expedition Trophy Champion, Overland Certifie
I should take pics of mine as the are splits down each inner fender from where the hood touches to under the support.
And it is flex related, not jumping or anything else.
I really need to get into Toyota and get mine fixed.

FurthurOnTheFly

Glamping Society
I just wanted to make note that this is not only an FJ problem, there have been some Tacos having issues as well. There is one Taco in particular that had the exact same frame shearing issue that Tibaal has had on his FJ, but somehow Mike has the luck of R&D fixing it for him....I believe the Taco had to pay to fix on his own.

IMO all 120 platform trucks should be keeping their eye out for this problem right now, it may be happening to others but because it has been so well documented in the FJ community we are the only one's looking.

SinCityFJC

Adventurer
ShottsCruisers said:
Not trying to be mean....but this a another reason I go nuts when FJC owners call their truck a "Land Cruiser".

Toyota sure as hell better support these FJC owners and fix these frame issues!

I've as in my profile name have always called mine a FJC out of respect of the Iconic FJ series LandCruisers. A FJC has proven itself not to be in the same league as the 40 - 80 series.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TurboStagecoach