Flip Screen + Flip Pac + Toyota Tacoma

Ressie

Camping is lots more fun with the bugs on the other side of the screen. The Flip Screen is the perfect companion for your Flip Pac! No hardware needed; installs with velcro and magnets. This screen has been designed with three sections for easy access into your Flip Pac; the middle section rolls up and is held open with a velcro strap. The screen can also remain installed when closing the tailgate. The Flip Screen stays closed with simple magnets, and is weighed at the bottom to keep the screen down.

Fits Toyota Tacoma (2nd generation, 2005-2012). Check it out:

https://www.etsy.com/listing/115605267/flip-screen-custom-rear-hatch-screen

We would love to make the Flip Screen available to all Flip Pac owners and we are working on other models. Let us know which model of screen you would like to see first.

Thank you,

Ressie & Marjie
iTag Studios
ressie@itagstudios.com

FlipScreen9.jpg
FlipScreen2.jpg
FlipScreen6.jpg

Bean

Order placed -- thanks for saving me the work of attempting to sew!

No rush, the Flip Pac isn't due until January.

PLaBarge

We have a FliPPac on our Ford F-250 long bed. We would love a screen door for the back. Do you have one that could fit a bigger truck opening? I think our truck is a 2004? This would make a great christmas gift for my husband and save me the sewing....

PLaBarge@Hotmail.com

ETAV8R

Founder of D.E.R.P.
A little pricey for what it is IMO. Let us know if you do a half off sale.
Home Depot sells these types for standard house doors during the spring/summer. They wouldn't work for this application per se as they are too narrow for the back of the truck. My neighbor got his for around $25.

Last edited:

Mark Harley

Expedition Leader
What a great idea! advertise it on the other camping forums and broaden out to other topper manufactures.

Remember the "Chip Clip" inventor?

Best wishes and a great product.

ANDYROO

Adventurer
Hey guys, are you still making these screens as the Etsy link is showing no longer available?

Thanks,

Andy

Katanaprana

Are you still selling these, picking up my flip pac in September would love to get one, also would you be able to make one for a 44" windoor.

Camelfilter

Explorer
I don't know if they still sell these or not.

I made mine using 2 hanging type door screen I bought from Home Depot & cut them to the length I need. They're the kind that has a split down the middle & connect at the splits using magnets.

I bought some more magnets in the small hardware section if the same store (the area that has the drawers for odd nuts & bolts). I stuck the extra magnets onto the screen with gorrilla tape, which they lasted that way well for the season. My current plan is to hot glue the magnets onto the screen (hot glue & gun via harbor freight ~$10).

The screens I used have a loop for a bar in them allready at the top, so I just used a cheapo expandae curtain rod.

When not needed, or my tops flipped down, my screens can be left hanging down or stuffed up under the fabric hammocks that keep the tent from falling into the bed.

--Nifty feature: I hung a "blackout" curtain behind the bug screens using string/thin rope (?synthetic twine). That curtain I bought from Walmart in there home section. It's a dark grey on the outside, but white fabric in the inside. I used another 2 for along the side windows. The white interior fabric is a nice feature, as it makes the interior less "gloomy" with the curtains set in place.

I also added some tabs of the heavy duty hard plastic Velcro to the curtains so they stick to the shape of the FP on the inside.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Alexk