For Sale: Horizon Adventure Trailer - SOLD!!!!

I've decided to sell my white 2007 Horizon Adventure Trailer.

It's in excellent condition (always garaged when not in use) and equipped with all standard features plus many additional upgrades & extras. If you're not familiar with this trailer, it's considered one of the best trailers you can purchase for off-road expeditions and adventures.

You can find more information about it (including pricing) here: Horizon Adventure Trailers.

I'm the 2nd owner of this trailer. It was originally purchased in Dec 2007, delivered in Jan 2008 and sold to me in Feb 2010. So, it's really just 3 -- not 4 -- years old. It was very lightly used by the prior owner and I put 5000 miles on it in Jun 2010 on a 30 day tour of the southwest US but haven't used it since. Was planning on taking it to Alaska and Mexico this year, but have decided against it and would rather cash out and use the $ for other things instead.

Here's what's included:

Nose Box with 31AGM marine battery, 6 amp trickle charger w/exterior AC plug, 1000 watt pure sine wave inverter, PowerFilm 60 watt foldable solar charger and 25 amp solar panel charge controller with exterior plug, 2 exterior DC exterior plugs and 12 volt auxiliary wiring system, including 3 fused outlets, battery tray and an ARB DC florescent work light.

Kitchen including sliding Partner 2 burner camp stove, cutting board, two (2) 11# propane tanks, a 19 gallon water tank w/hand pump and stainless steel sink.

Two (2) 5 gallon CARB approved gas cans and locking holders.

Eezi-Awn Series 3 - 1800 (6'x8') Roof Top Tent

Fiamma F-35 (6'x6') awning

Electric brakes w/10" drums and breakaway safety switch

Engle45 Freezer/Frig w/locking plate and sliding tray

Pro-comp 17x8" steel wheels (6 x 5.5 bolt pattern) that fits FJs, Tacomas & 4Runners w/BFG AT KO 265/75R17 tires (standard FJ size).

4000 lb Lock-n-Roll articulating coupler w/an 8" hitch extension and 2 locking Silent Hitch Pins and Adventure's Trailing Arm suspension w/air bags and adjustable Rancho shocks and rear stabilizer.

Tenkosha Prodigy RF (Wireless) Trailer Mounted Brake controller w/in-cab remote. See: RF Brake Controller

Line-X on the front, sides and top of the nose box, on the front of the cargo box, the inside of the rear cargo drop down door and on top and in front of the 2 side boxes to protect all of those surfaces from road damage and scratching.

Locking t-handles on the rear cargo door and side boxes (same key) and padlocks for the top box, gas can & propane tank holders (same key) and nose box.

--------------------------------------------

I'm asking $15,000 OBO. Clear title in hand. Local pickup in the San Francisco Bay Area. A comparably equipped trailer would cost about $20,000 based on current pricing.

Willing to haggle a little, but don't "have" to sell. So, please don't bother making any extreme low ball offers. However, I will consider a trade for a late model sport touring motorcycle (eg., ST1300, FJR1300, Concours or K1200GT) or maybe a late model cab-over camper that will fit a Ford F250 4x4 longbed pickup, plus cash to make up any difference either way.

I'll try to post some better ones but, in the meantime, here's a link to some pics:

Photo link removed 3/7/11.

Please PM me if you're interested and, if you're not interested, please forward this info to anyone else you who think might be. Thanks!! :wavey:

Last edited:
I've also posted this ad on the FJ Cruiser Forums (and on Pirates 4x4 just last night) and have gotten absolutely no bites at all yet -- not even a post that says "I'd love to buy, but can't afford it."

Oh well . . . :coffee:

FWIW, I'd consider removing the solar panel & controller, 1k watt DC/AC inverter. the Engle frig & mounting plate/bracket, Teknosha brake controller and hitch accessories, which will reduce the asking price to $12,500. Take off the RTT & brackets and the asking price goes down further to $11,000.

Like I said, I'll entertain OFFERS. So, if you have an price in mind, let me know. It doesn't cost anything to do that.

Thanks! :wavey:

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coast runner