Ford E350 wheels, also, anyone have pics of 255/85R-16 on an Econoline Van?

njtacoma

Explorer
I think they were even offered on the e350's. I know I've seen them on some vans on craigslist and autotrader. So for whatever that is worth they should fit.

The older trucks shared the bolt pattern with the vans, so shouldn't be a problem.

I too want to see a van with 255/85r16 tires. Post up if they are out there!

dazdconfsd

Observer
I just picked up a set of those wheels with some mostly shot tires on them for $200. I have a 1990 though so I'm not sure how much pictures would help. I was planning on trying to mount them this weekend. I'd say that you should be patient if you want them though as that seems like a high price.

derjack

Adventurer
255/85-16 are a little small for a car with this size. there are pretty good on a defender and fit nice.

there is a dually ambo with these.

i also doubt that these have the right load category for a 4 ton truck. i would suggest 285/75-16.

tookstar154

Observer
I don't know for sure, but I always go back to this photo when thinking about new tires for my van. They look a little narrow, but pretty cool. Not 100% that they are 255's, but I think they are, going off of what Camburg's lift is. It's made to run a 285/75/16, but the 255 ends up being the same height, so it probably works pretty well. Rubs less I would think too if you haven't cut your fenders.

camburgvan.jpg

Petrolburner

Explorer
I don't know for sure, but I always go back to this photo when thinking about new tires for my van. They look a little narrow, but pretty cool. Not 100% that they are 255's, but I think they are, going off of what Camburg's lift is. It's made to run a 285/75/16, but the 255 ends up being the same height, so it probably works pretty well. Rubs less I would think too if you haven't cut your fenders.

View attachment 334437

Hmm, looks a bit goofy with that open front bumper. I'm on 245/75-16 right now though. If I had a tube front bumper it would look pretty funny. I'm sure I would need a lot less backspacing to fit 285/75-16.

Petrolburner

Explorer
255/85-16 are a little small for a car with this size. there are pretty good on a defender and fit nice.

there is a dually ambo with these.

i also doubt that these have the right load category for a 4 ton truck. i would suggest 285/75-16.

I think you're confusing tire size with load rating. There are load range E available in all the sizes mentioned so far in this thread. I'm currently on 245/75-16 (stock sized) and looking to go up to 255/85-16, both load range E.

Stumpalump

Expedition Leader
I have two sets of those rims on my 2002 E350. It's about the strongest alloy rim you can buy. My other set has an almost brand new set of 255 85 16 BFG km2's. Make offer and I'll bring them to the Overland Expo if that's what your looking for.

IdaSHO

IDACAMPER
The factory Alcoas are a nice wheel.

Rated at 3040 each, not the highest rated alloy in a 16x7, but pretty good.

The (cheap) Schwabbie special Ultras I'm running are rated at 3400 each

chassis309.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Supreet.dhaliwal