Ford Fullsize Thread !!!!

redthies

Renaissance Redneck
Nice pic Papa! If you know anyone with a similar 4wheel camper or other pop-up, my friends are looking to trade their 9.5' Vanguard hardside for a pop-up. They have it in SF Bay area, and are heading towards Mex.

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
Nice pic Papa! If you know anyone with a similar 4wheel camper or other pop-up, my friends are looking to trade their 9.5' Vanguard hardside for a pop-up. They have it in SF Bay area, and are heading towards Mex.

Can't think of anyone off hand. Most people with a pop-up have them for a reason. I had a huge hardside but sold it after the first trip. Even my F-350 was creaking and groaning from the weight.

24HOURSOFNEVADA

Expedition Leader
I just traded my 2012 F350 in on this beast. I had been looking for one of these for years and just stumbled into this one. 2000 F250, super cab, xlt, 6 speed manual, short bed. The best part is no more truck payments.
9C61E1AF-481C-460C-9334-534CA9AE4AEB-522-000000423B740717_zpsdc3f6d99.jpg

Congrats! Great looking truck.

Magilla82

Observer
Papa, your rig looks awesome!!! I'm quite jealous of you and your build!! But, i am quite happy for you as well!!! :bike_rider: Enjoy!

pappawheely

Autonomous4X4
Pappawheely, what did you get for springs and how do you like them?

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk

O and what size tire are you running? Thanks

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk

I got a Sky's Offroad Designs front shackle reversal kit and custom made progressive leaf springs from Atlas Spring. The shackle reversal lifts the front three inches. To get a positive arch in the front spring it lifts it another 1-2 inches. In the rear we deleted the overload and built a progressive 10 leaf pack matched to my trucks weight. I still need good shocks but the ride is soooo nice! I have not had a chance to take it offroad yet but when I do I will give a full report. The temporary shocks I have in the front are too short. I am running Falken 37x12.5-17 Wildpeak AT's on Trailready Beadlocks 17x8.5. The Wildpeaks are a D load rated, (3525 lbs.) I was concerned about them at first but they work great, the huge footprint makes them very smooth and stable and I can air them down. I had E rated tires that were narrower and did not air down well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clearwater